livendive

Any "private investigators" on here?

and no, I don't mean people who like to investigate privates! :P

Someone hit my truck in a parking lot last night and I was able to determine the type and approximate year of their vehicle from the broken pieces they left next to my truck. The police don't have any interest in pursuing them unless it's an injury/fatality hit & run which leaves me with the cost of the repairs. I'd like to return their broken pieces of plastic to them, and perhaps discuss their ability to pay, but have no idea how to go about tracking them down. Living in a reasonably small town, it'd be nice if I could somehow track down a list of all white 1980-1989 Lincoln Towncars in the area, but I kinda doubt such records are accessible by the public. Any suggestions?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Well......A decent or even crappy PI will cost about $50-75 an hour plus expenses. A $500 bill will come about QUICKLY. The revenge element is nice but it's probably gonna cost more than the damage is worth to find them. Is it worth it to you?

Yeah, I'm not planning on hiring one. I was just wondering if there was one on dropzone.com that could point me in the right direction to track them down on my own.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Yeah, I'm not planning on hiring one. I was just wondering if there was one on dropzone.com that could point me in the right direction to track them down on my own.

Well...as quade said....call around to the local repair shops. Especially the dealer's parts counters since no matter what shop they take it to the parts will MOST LIKELY be ordered from a local dealer. If you have a make and model and a good guess at what parts might be needed I'd lay good odds you'll find them.

Even if you tracked them down, probably not enough to prove in court that it was them.

Unfortunately, might as well suck it up. If you have comprehensive coverage insurance, should cover it, after deductible. And depending on your state's laws, at least here in PA, it doesn't count against you for insurance premiums.

it'd be nice if I could somehow track down a list of all white 1980-1989 Lincoln Towncars in the area

Well... in a small town, it can't be that hard. I mean, you're basically looking at the local population of Elder Statesmen of Blues....

(If it was black, you'd have to expand the search to FBI Agents, but it's not, so you're OK.)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I had the same thing happen to me. FRIGGEN DICK just left. Put a huge dent in the car, I don't know where or when it happend as I saw it a while later.

I wish I could somehow track the bastard. all i know is he had a red car. And that is a real specific search now isn't it.

what a dick

good luck mate

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

Dude!!!! that sucks, good luck finding them......:P but if you do, and you want to "talk" to them about it, gimme a ring, I will show up with the party hats:ph34r:

on a unrelated subject....... who is going to Jeffs party this weekend? did he score a jump plane?

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.