skyesspot

A personal decision...

You still did it. If you are not 100% into it, don't jump. At least now, you know exactly what it's like. It does get more fun after AFF tough.

When you are ready, try again. If not, hang around. You still made some friends and you are part of the community that makes this place great.

Life is too short not to be out doing what you love with the people you love. Enjoy and be safe.

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

but but... we can still have kinky skydiver sex, right???

Seriously tho ( I really am serious about the sex, but that's another matter) I'm behind you whatever you decide (d) to do.

...yeah, just based on the beginning of your post, it sounds like you'd like to be behind her no matter what or where...:):P;)

Good man to keep around, Skye!! ;)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I know it's a typo, but it's true - AFF is tough. There's a lot of performance pressure there. If you've got stress in other parts of your life, it is unsurprising that it's too intense at this point.

There's nothing wrong with a "cooling-off period", where one steps back, takes stock, and decides. Despite appearances, AFF isn't "Top Gun", or HALO school, where one is in direct, ferocious competition with one's fellow students...

I'm sure that some of the other sky-chicks have been PMing you over this by now, but as I said before, your decision will be respected by this community, because we've almost all been there (where we juggled the danger and stress of skydiving with the pressure and responsibility with the rest of our lives), so you're still our sister...and you rock for having the moxie to post it here. B|B|B|

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Skydiving isn't for everyone. If there's no spark then maybe it's not your sport of choice. You've done more skydives than most people ever will. It's an expensive sport to do if it's not something you love. Who knows? Maybe the urge will strike you and you'll come back. If not - at least you made some good friends. And found the coolest website on the net....
:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I've decided not to continue with my AFF right now. It's been a tough thing to decide on, but as one of my instructors put it "there's just no spark".

Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive.

:)

Ah Skye I totally respect your decision but I am sad that you and I don't get to jump together :(.

Luckily you'll still be at the dropzone so we can spend time together :)
Who knows, maybe when your life is a bit less stressful you'll want to give it another go. Either way I'm there for ya.

Love you to pieces!!!

Shannon

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)