Slappie

Cheers Micro$oft

Sorry but I've been working in IT too long to buy that lame excuse.

Then you haven't learned much about the motivation of malicious coders then.

Like anything I'm sure there are those that go after MS purely because they're MS. Most, however, do not.

Greatest target base. If you think any other OS that was so widely spread wouldn't be the target of the same attacks, you are kidding yourself.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Let's get one thing right.. M$ is the largest and will be.. end of argument. Do other OSes offer better products? Sure, but they don't get the product support M$ gets.

Now read between the lines on this one. M$ is releasing a patch (SP2) that is not compatable with the current Intel CPUs. Windows worked with Intel to create XP. Now why would M$ be slapping Intel in the face by releasing a patch that isn't compatable? Well, I see it as a way to beef up sales of new Intel products. Just about Christmas this crap is going to hit. Intel is releasing new chips etc.. So what better way to increase sales of new machines that run M$.

"Planned Obsolecence" a very nice marketing tactic the Japanese have used for years. Makes of PCs and Software use the same thing. Even before they release a piece of hardware or software they've got the replacement already in production. Once releases it's got a self-life of 6 month MAX.

As for M$ being safe... Well it's a mine field on the internet, email etc.. I've used M$ products since MSDOS. Yea, I've gotten some viruses, worms or whatever. They're a hassle. I've also learned safe surfing & email habits. It's consumer education too. Any OS is going to have holes. M$ is just the big monkey everyone wants to attack.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Now read between the lines on this one. M$ is releasing a patch (SP2) that is not compatable with the current Intel CPUs. Windows worked with Intel to create XP. Now why would M$ be slapping Intel in the face by releasing a patch that isn't compatable? Well, I see it as a way to beef up sales of new Intel products. Just about Christmas this crap is going to hit. Intel is releasing new chips etc.. So what better way to increase sales of new machines that run M$

Huh??

I am running SP2 on a couple different boxes..and they areXP SP2.V. 2149 running on an INTEL Pentium III 731MHZ w/ 384 MB of ram..and same OS on a P II 400Mhz with 512 MB of ram. It does run a tad faster on the twin proc Pentium4 3 Ghz with 1 GB of ram though:)

M$ is releasing a patch (SP2) that is not compatable with the current Intel CPUs.

I heard it only worked with uncurrent Intel CPU's too. It's goal is to force all of the uncurrent CPU's to make recurrency cycles.
Owned by Remi #?

Its on a share.. and it took a little while.. depending if it was at home or at the office.. running thru the lame 100MB cards in these things. I mean sheesh everything I touch in the datacenter is on Gig E fibre.. except for my workstations...seriously though at home over a cable modem I think i was all upgraded per the mandate in about an hour.

Its on a share.. and it took a little while.. depending if it was at home or at the office.. running thru the lame 100MB cards...

Well, our LAN at work is 10/100, and I would be pushing this 267-Mb patch with HFNETCHKPRO. However, it looks as though the AntiVirus Server's scheduled client scans will have to be disabled for the evening. BTW, what do you run in that datacenter, Red Hat Enterprise Linux?

Now read between the lines on this one. M$ is releasing a patch (SP2) that is not compatable with the current Intel CPUs. Windows worked with Intel to create XP. Now why would M$ be slapping Intel in the face by releasing a patch that isn't compatable? Well, I see it as a way to beef up sales of new Intel products. Just about Christmas this crap is going to hit. Intel is releasing new chips etc.. So what better way to increase sales of new machines that run M$

Huh??

I am running SP2 on a couple different boxes..and they areXP SP2.V. 2149 running on an INTEL Pentium III 731MHZ w/ 384 MB of ram..and same OS on a P II 400Mhz with 512 MB of ram. It does run a tad faster on the twin proc Pentium4 3 Ghz with 1 GB of ram though:)

If you would have read this thread you'd see at the top the DEP function in SP2 can't be used with the current Intel CPUs. That's all I was relating to.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."