justchrisdsp

please check this out

sorry for the lack of clarity, it is link to my website. i am running a marathon to help raise money for the leukemia and lymphoma society. the website is a way to help me get the message out and to maybe get a few donations. as far as the relationship to skydiving, in the past 2 years this community has helped my father and i in many ways. the most obvious is the fun we have and the new family we have met. im not necessarily hoping for money, i would just like to let the skydiving community about my goal and i could really use some prayer or animal sacrifice or voodoo ritual, anything to help rid the world of leukemia and lymphoma. thanks to all who have checked the site and a preemptive thanks to all who will check it in the future. thanks

The only bad skydive is your last!
chris

chris "sonic wookie" harwell
Piedra-belluda-roja Rodriguez

Chris...Did you own the URL active.com? Why didnt you just link to the official site? If its yours, sorry for the false accusation but you might get it from others leery of pilshing scams when they see an odd URL..

Mike

Let me clarify for him, as I have done numerous events for TNT in the past. The link that you posted is the official Team In Training web site. The link that he posted is legit for his fundraising efforts. Active.com is a very legit web site that is normally used for registering for races and listing all different types of sporting events that you can participate in. They also have a way for people who are doing fundraising events to create their own fundraising page, through the active.com server. That's what he has done. When fundraising, it's very convenient to have a web site that people can donate through, and TNT has not provided one to their participants in the past. I just received a newsletter saying that my chapter will be providing them starting with the brand new season, but his chapter for his season probably still wasn't, so he found active.com.

Does that make everything clear? It's not a scam, it's a very legitimate cause, and a very legitimate web site.

Chris, good luck to you! I was a fundraising Mentor for several seaons...if you need any advice, let me know! :)

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

I am an idiot. Its offical....But the different URL than I saw the day before and his page is fuzzier made me think, and there are plenty of scams out there.

The cause is totally legit. I actually researched it a bit after a request for sponsorship. Top notch. And the fact that I am a cancer survivor, I should really try and be more supportive.

I am doubling my sponsorship to Karine for my sins.
She needs 1200 bucks so if anyone else feels giving, I can hook you up with her.

Mike

hey guys, sorry about the confusion on here, im new to fundraising to its a shot in the dark that i'll actually get to my goal. but thanks for the interest. and no its not a scam. i get no money from this. here is the breakdown of funds though in case your interested
75% goes directly to the leukemia and lymphoma society
25% goes to paying for the race and entrance fees and other minor things like that.
once again. thanks guys for all your interest and like i said before, money isnt the only thing LLS needs. everyones prayers can help just as much. thanks

chris "sonic wookie" harwell
Piedra-belluda-roja Rodriguez