RevJim

Kudos to a Jewlery maker. A+ service!

Some time ago, I began a mini-quest. To get a closing pin necklace I could wear for more than a day or 2. The battle has been long and hard, but has finally been won.

The Story:
I have very sensitive skin. I've gone through allergy tests and according to those, I have no allergies, but cheap metal has harsh reactions with the oils on my skin.

Gold plated was good for a bit, as well and other plated metals. The problem was, a few showers and the plating was gone in spots, resulting in pot metals contacting my skin. Even worse would be a slight scratch from just using the clasp and BAM, instant reaction.

Over time I have managed to figure out the ONLY time I don't get reations is when all the related metals in the jewlery are 14k gold or higher, Sterling Silver, or a high grade of stainless.

NOBODY I found carried this for closing pin necklaces. I even asked a few what it would take. They said they would check it out and let me know, never to be heard from again.

This time soneone stepped up to the plate, and delivered with a serious home run!

I love my new necklace! It's been on since I got it, been through numerous showers, a few baths, 2 hot tubs, and a pool, with no reactions. all it took was a Sterling Silver clasp and a Sterling Silver loop to hang the closing pin from. Those 2 pieces were difficult to find I'm sure, and probably quite a bit more expensive in the cost to manufacture department.

Anyway, Thank you Michael. I love it!

If anyone else is looking for top quality products with above top notch service, talk to Michael. Here's the website too, for all that might wonder. Worth every penny! Thanks man!

Clicky
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Glad to hear it. Ask him who makes those high quality stainless steel closing pins (same ones that are on like 60 or 70% of the US manufactured rigs).

why you do sir. Is that why you bitch every time i call up and order a couple hundred of them?
-----
~~~Michael

Nope. I love it! (The owner makes them actually, I just sell em.) Glad I could be of service, and sorry I never saw your products. I need to get an new one myself.

Anyhoo, thanks for the business Michael. Hope I haven't been a PITA.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Anyhoo, thanks for the business Michael. Hope I haven't been a PITA.

Never. Just very glad you took care of me when FedEx decided to scatter 2/3 of my order across the country. I've still got the package if you need it.
-----
~~~Michael

You know Single Helix has and has had 14k, white gold and sterling silver closing pins available for atleast a year now.;)

http://www.single-helix.com

They're skydivers (Mark Futch is an AFF-I too) and started the company so skydivers would have something cool and different.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Since its too late now to edit my post and I was PMed and shown my error, I wanted to post to clarify.

You'll have to forgive me for my post coming across as an "ad" in a kudos post. That was not my intention. I was trying to inform RevJim of the company so he could have another source for "other metal" skydiving pins.

For those that may wonder, I make no money and benifit exactly zero if Single Helix sells 0 or a 1,000,000 pins, I have nothing to gain from it.

In retrospect it should have been a PM. That is my mistake. If my post in this thread bothered you, I ask for your forgiveness.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Anyway, Thank you Michael. I love it!

If anyone else is looking for top quality products with above top notch service, talk to Michael. Here's the website too, for all that might wonder. Worth every penny! Thanks man!

Clicky

I also want to thank you soooo very much, Michael! Here is a pic of me wearing your lovely necklace. :)
:)

I also want to thank you soooo very much, Michael! Here is a pic of me wearing your lovely necklace. :)
:)

It's alway cool to see the ones out in the real world that people have bought and get pictures back from others. I've got this one now and I may just have to use it somewhere...

Thanx!
-----
~~~Michael