Dougiefresh

dreamt I bounced

Had a dream last night, PC in tow with plenty of altitude, looked, peeled, pulled, went into freefall, was reaching for silver when the ground found me.

I realized it was a dream as soon as I saw the ground though, I knew there was no way I went from 4K to 0 in 5 seconds.

I guess it's good that I can even do my EPs in my sleep... :P
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

I've had quite a few dreams like that. Usually i have some kind of a strange malfunction, different things happen in the middle and at the end i always end up under canopy on like 20 feet and land instantly. These are about the only occasions when I'm happy to wake up :)

Take risks not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping

I am totally hurt by your blatant disregard for my feelings and experiences. Plus your comments border on harassment. This is what I get for driving your ass around? :P

See you Saturday?
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

I am totally hurt by your blatant disregard for my feelings and experiences. Plus your comments border on harassment. This is what I get for driving your ass around?

Hehe, i can't beleive you used to be scared of me. We must go shopping again at "kruger." :D

See you Saturday?

As if you could get away from me!!:)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I always dream that after I pull my pilot chut that I have to keep pulling everything out and I get under canopy just in time to hit the ground and once the comment came up that "the DZO is going to be pissed if he sees you doing that again" and I had another dream that I tracked toward the ground yelling for another skydiver to catch me and it worked!
"Well behaved women rarely make history"

my last strange dream was I was trying a new canopy with a real high aspect ratio, pull at 1200m (around 3800 ft), linestretch, stays nice and straight, can fly it from the harness, but it doesn't inflate... As I never had to cutaway, I didn't want this one to be the first, I really wanted to believe it would open... Around 300m (1000ft) it finally deploys completely and gets pressurised... I could see my shadow and was looking to see if my cypres would fire...
Hopefully it didn't, and it flew very well :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I always dream that after I pull my pilot chut that I have to keep pulling everything out

Now as you mention it once i dreamt that my container was filled with dirty laundry instead of my canopy :D:D

and I had another dream that I tracked toward the ground yelling for another skydiver to catch me and it worked!

:D:D That is funny! Did anyone catch you though? :P

Take risks not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping

In my dreams I sometimes don't have any wind in my face, not in freefall and not under canopy. I'm falling as if there were no or very few air molecules. The parachute is diving, stalling, or falling beside me at the same speed as me and doesn't seem to want to inflate.

And I've landed a lot of times without parachute, just by flaring from track. Seem to work well in my fantasy world. Only died once. It was weird to watch my dead body and my own funeral...

-- "If you can dream it, you can DO IT!" --

I had a scarey dream similar to this where I was on a big way, even though I have never been on one and don't plan on it anytime soon, and at breakoff I turned and tracked but there were people all around me still. So tried going another way and still, no matter where I tracked to there were like 20 people around me so I finally just dumped and prayed and the canopy inflated just in time for me to flare with a nasty plf. it really scared the shit out of me.
Anvile Brother #59

When I started my training for skydiving my 2 boys were young..........I dreamt I was in freefall with one son tucked tightly under each of my arms---woke up before finishing that dream. (figure I dreamt it because I was feeling guilty about my responsibility as their mother)

The only other dream I've had related to skydiving was waking up in freefall..............:S:o,
at 1,000 ft. = pulled my reserve and landed safely.

SMiles;)

I guess it's good that I can even do my EPs in my sleep...

I wish I could say the same thing[:/]

I had a dream where I had a malfunction and went straight for the silver handle. Don't know what happened after that cause it woke me up, but it really scared me [:/]