Sinkster

Preserve Our Cultural History, Please Read

Fellow dz.commers,

As you may know, the egotistical George Lucas has decided to never release the original theatrical versions of Star Wars on DVD. He has instead decided to digitally defile and dumb down the originals so that they are more on par with the current crappy offerings.

During an interview with Lucas the following was stated:

Q: Why not release both the originals and special editions on DVD?

Lucas: The special edition, that’s the one I wanted out there. The other movie, it’s on VHS, if anybody wants it. ... I’m not going to spend the, we’re talking millions of dollars here, the money and the time to refurbish that, because to me, it doesn’t really exist anymore.

In other words, the original movies, the movies that put Lucas on the map and made him millions, the movies that made film history, will forever be lost if something is not done!

Luckily, the best existing copies of the original from laser disk are available for download onto DVD.

There are currently 3 copies of the movie made from the Definitive Edition laserdiscs, all with great care, probably better than most people could do themselves:
http://everythingisnt.com/torrents/

So download these files, burn them to DVD, don’t buy the new movies, and let’s send a big F.U. to george lucas!

Thank you. Spread the word.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Lucas: "[Star Wars fans] think it should be their way. Which is fine, except I’m making the movies, so I should have it my way."

Me: "Fine, have it your way, asshole!" *downloads the originals* I will never buy anything from lucas again.

Most importantly, George Lucas can not release the movie in its original format because it doesn't exist.

Star Wars was so popular, and so many original copies made when it first came out, that the original negatives were severely worn, and some sections were badly damaged over time.

Some sections of the movie had to be reshot. The movie in its pure, unaltered original form does not exist.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

An even better reason to download and archive the originals that do exist!

btw, i'm not as serious as i sound, a lot of this is in fun, but i'm still archiving the original laser disk edition to dvd and backup hard drives. B|

it's fun to really get into something semi-trivial!!! hehehehehe

I have backups of the laser discs. I refuse to watch Greedo shoot first:(

YES! AMEN! Another believer!

Just that ONE thing destabilizes the dramatic movement of Han Solo from scum to a 'better person'.

Also, how in the HELL is a BOUNTY HUNTER going to MISS someone from across a frigging table!!!!! Can someone explain that to me please? :ph34r:

Making Greedo shoot first is pacifist propaganda pushed on us by lucas, similar to the lame 'death sticks' (cigarettes) thing in episode 1 or 2.

I think it's pretty damn selfish of him to say "They're all mine and I can do whatever I want with them! Nyah!"
Once Lucas made those movies and released them to theaters, and people paid LOTS and LOTS of money to see them, and then fell in love with them, the movies became 'ours', the viewing public's.
He got rich selling them, and we were the ones who bought them (along with the gobs and gobs of merchandise)
Now, instead of something timeless and lasting, they have a self-destruct function in the form of Lucas' whims and ego.

I know, I know he "technically" owns them, but that doesn't make it right, just legal. [:/]

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

This is just total bull shit. Who cares which version is on the DVD. I don't. George Lucas can do whatever he wants with his on movies.

Yeah, what he said.

dude... put the coffee down slowly and step away from the keyboard

That too....I mean, we are talking about movies right?

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Well, I have 2 copies of Star Wars on VHS (onw still sealed :P), and I didn't get the "enhanced" version with extra crap because I just didn't like it, even though I went to the theater and watch them all.

Now, reading this thread, are you telling me that the DVD's bring nothing better in quality?, if so, I'm gonna release Rancor to chew Lucas' ass and then throw his carcass to the banthas.

I think it's pretty damn selfish of him to say "They're all mine and I can do whatever I want with them! Nyah!"
Once Lucas made those movies and released them to theaters, and people paid LOTS and LOTS of money to see them, and then fell in love with them, the movies became 'ours', the viewing public's.
He got rich selling them, and we were the ones who bought them (along with the gobs and gobs of merchandise)
Now, instead of something timeless and lasting, they have a self-destruct function in the form of Lucas' whims and ego.

I know, I know he "technically" owns them, but that doesn't make it right, just legal. [:/]

Will you marry me?! ;) :D :D B|

This is just total bull shit. Who cares which version is on the DVD. I don't. George Lucas can do whatever he wants with his on movies.

Yeah, what he said.

dude... put the coffee down slowly and step away from the keyboard

That too....I mean, we are talking about movies right?

Blues,
Nathan

And thennnn????

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

If they are that bad, then i just will not buy them. I don't think that post is quite right though. Free speech is one thing, blatant advertising for copyright violations is a different beast all together.

I don't speak for HH, but I would have a problem with that if it were my wesite.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

If Star Wars is our cultural history, the USA is in much worse shape than I thought. Star Wars was junk when I saw it first at 7 years old, and every sequel since then has been an equally poorly written movie with lame effects.

Cya.

BLASPHEMY!!! I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL!!!

:D:D:P:P:P