ladyskydiver

Chicago clubs and dancing

Later this month, a few girlfriends and I are looking at going out dancing in Chicago. Suggestions on places to go? What are the entrance fees like?
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Well...not gonna do anything with the Cubs :P they have been sent him packing...

As for cover charges, depends...anywhere from 10 - 20 bucks...
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Well...not gonna do anything with the Cubs :P they have been sent him packing...

As for cover charges, depends...anywhere from 10 - 20 bucks...

Cubs? Huh? Him packing? HUH? I'm lost. :P
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Cubs? Huh? Him packing? HUH? I'm lost

Never mind me....we had a conversation about them here today...and i miss read club for cub...:$

blonde moment...carry on...

Lots of cool places in Chicago to dance...
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I just figured you were distracted doing some shopping

Nope not me...shopping never...especially not for books or things to read....:) reading sucks :P

As for Metromix...they are ok...However there are are a few other underground dance club organizers that are not on there...like Spundae and a few others...:)
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

CORA!
When Hans and I get together in Chicago in a couple weeks, come along with us!!! Oct 17-20..
I plan on great eating and partying every nite!

Number one on my list of restaurants will be playa azul or costa azul (mexican seafood).....I miss those joints!

I like live music though....blues and rock.....

Was just about to check out the chicago reader online www.chireader.com to see what will be in town... I will check out the blues clubs and the bars on Lincoln/Fullerton and Clark/Addison etc etc...

Come join us, all you chicago dz.com gang!!!
If you are brave enough to get drunk with JRAF!!!:P

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

If you are brave enough to get drunk with JRAF!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Been there done that...very very interesting

Aint that the truth!! Should've been around sunday. Jraf was quite entertaining.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Aint that the truth!! Should've been around sunday. Jraf was quite entertaining.

I'm sorry i missed that...[:/] he called me sat night...told me he was on his way out....I had whuffo stuff to do :|
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Already promised to meet up with you and the infamous JRaf. :P I may only be able to do dinner one night, but...keep me in the loop as to what's happening, when. :)

Fun club, dance music, not too old nor too young of a crowd, mix of people, not too smoky (I'd like to be able to do some breathing.)

And, if the club sucks, there's always the next one on the list. :)

The Rush Street Area has ALOT of bars and clubs.
They have some bar/clubs with smaller covers 5-10 bucks and cheaper drinks and some big dollar / expensive drink dance clubs with great DJ's and lights and atmosphere. Whether your looking for a more laid back bar or a high energy dance club, you can walk to alot of stuff on Rush Street. i like Bar of Chicago for more laid back and an awsome club called DOMAIN, both on Rush street.

Chicago has a ton of areas, have fun!

ok do you want to go out for the music ?

or

do you want to go out to have a good time with friends and the music doesn't matter?

I spin quite a bit downtown and can provide you with a comprehensive list of places to check out based upon the kind of music you want to hear or type of night you want to have.

Seneca - www.seneca.dj :)

Later this month, a few girlfriends and I are looking at going out dancing in Chicago. Suggestions on places to go? What are the entrance fees like?

Two Words: Budha Lounge

Last time I went there it was bumpin.
--joe
HISPA #69
The Best Band in the WORLD!!!
The new full length album "See What You Can Find"

When Hans and I get together in Chicago in a couple weeks, come along with us!!! Oct 17-20..

Hey....count out the 17th because he'll be with me..:P:P:P

If you are brave enough to get drunk with JRAF!!!

My baby is an innocent , sweet angel who helps my kids with their science projects and plays badminton in the rain. He does nothing wild and crazy at all.
I am also his schmoopsie..:D;)

ok... well good music to some people would be Top 40 hits played on the radio? Rock? Rap

or

True Dance Music (House, Techno Trance)

Anything on Division street or Rush is going to be completely mainstream.

If you want bad ass in your face clubbing try:
Crobar - http://www.crobar.com/
Zentra - http://www.zentranightclub.com/
Sound-Bar - http://www.sound-bar.com/
Vision - http://www.aceplaces.com/vision/index.html

Depending on what night you are going to be out... saturdays are usually the busiest and most fun.

ok... well good music to some people would be Top 40 hits played on the radio? Rock? Rap

or

True Dance Music (House, Techno Trance)

Anything on Division street or Rush is going to be completely mainstream.

If you want bad ass in your face clubbing try:
Crobar - http://www.crobar.com/
Zentra - http://www.zentranightclub.com/
Sound-Bar - http://www.sound-bar.com/
Vision - http://www.aceplaces.com/vision/index.html

Depending on what night you are going to be out... saturdays are usually the busiest and most fun.

Doesn't Club 950 still have dancing?

It may be a bit of a tourist trap, but Excaliber is always decent.

hehehe....CLUB 950!!! That place has been around quite awhile!

It has gone through many phases.....I remember POGOing to the first punk music to hit the states in mid '70s....People ripping each other's shirts off, bouncing into each other and body slamming....very athletic! B|

Thanks for reminding me of that place....I spent ALOT of lateniters in there over a decade!!! ;)

Marc

hehehe....CLUB 950!!! That place has been around quite awhile!

It has gone through many phases.....I remember POGOing to the first punk music to hit the states in mid '70s....People ripping each other's shirts off, bouncing into each other and body slamming....very athletic! B|

Thanks for reminding me of that place....I spent ALOT of lateniters in there over a decade!!! ;)

Marc

Yea, it has seen a ton of changes over the years.

Did you know that is where Styx got their start?