falxori

need ideas...

I taking advantage of the fact that people here come in all shapes sizes and origins and asking for some help...

for my masters project, i need to analyze a need, find solutions and create a product that will meet the needs.
i need a need, a requirement, something that does not have a good solution yet.
it can be any little thing that you encounter every day.
so, what do you hate doing the way it is done now? of what can you say " i wish there was another way to do it" ?

and no, an automatic packing machine is not an option... ;)

thanks
O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

I hate not being able to read people's minds, not being able to teleport instantly to any location and not being able to be invisible at will so I can make public speakers go insane from my meddling. B|

But I'm guessing you're looking for more realistic needs, like sanitizing public toilets on the off-chance that I can't hold it long enough to make it to bacteria-free environs. :D
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

First you steal my Sig line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and no, an automatic packing machine is not an option...

Then my original Idea

think of it an inter-religion cooperation B|

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

I hate having to readjust my booster chair every time I go to a different restaurant. How about a booster seat that automatically adjusts to the table height? You know - something to help out the ever-persecuted short man. The evil corporate NBA-loving types of the world would probably never go for it, but I would certainly appreciate it.
B|
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

First you steal my Sig line.

Then my original Idea

think of it an inter-religion cooperation B|

O

What if my idea is so good you make a million dollars;) i want half:P
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

you know the lift chairs for old people, the ones that catapult them up, to put them on their feet... ok so it is the worlds slowest catapult.... but how about a lift toilet?

An auto-drain for an ice chest. It sucks to have things in an ice chest that needs to stay cold, but dry I.E. sandwiches. Once the drain senses that there is more than a inch or 2 of water in it it kicks open the valve and drains the ice chest. You could even make it portable, it just slips in the existing hole in the ice chest.... OOH wait or you could just leave the plug pulled....:D Oh how about canopy packing machine. I heard that once was being worked on, but was not perfected yet. An auto defogger for full face helmets, like the ones in a paintball mask. It has little fans that blow on the face shield to keep it defogged. How about a cheaper full faced helmet that actually provides protection from something more than a shoe kick, or a bump on the exit door. As far as every day needs go, a better way to clean the floors would be nice. The swifter? company has a good idea, but the little broom/mop heads keep comming off the damn handle. The articulating(sp) joint is crappily made, and pops off every time you put it in a bind. I sweep the floors , then run the wet pad over the ceramic tiles to get it cleaner, and hate how the head comes off 3 or 4 times. I have bought 3 of the damn things to see if it was a defect, but it sems to be a defect all have. The wipey mop sweepers are a quick alternative to a full fledge mop and bucket, with the cans of cleaner that you pop into the handle to spray tough spots is nice. I have even seen a new one that has a vaccum cleaner in front of the wet wipey sweeper. They are the only ones that I have mostly seen on the market. If someone could improve upon their flaws, and join the market, I think that would be great.

actually they sell them installed with the chairs for the elderly that have a hard time getting up from a seated position....

google "pride lift chair" or just lift chair and you'll see more what I'm talking about.
now what I have never seen (I previouly worked around elderly) is a device that helps them get off the pot other than those grab handles...
could prove an interesting challenge inovating something that works.

Then my original Idea

Sorry not an original idea. Skydiving mag (I think) had an Ad years ago. It was for an automatic packing aid...Named something like:

Computerized, Hightech, On-site, Packing, Instrument, Technology.......AKA......Ready for it????

CHOP IT.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Ron it was joke

Next time instead of ill write (Sarcasm)

I know....I just used you as a step to another joke with a historical reference.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Any device that is guaranteed to wake me up peacefully in the morning. I HATE my alarmclock.

Anything that will give you enough energy to stay up 24/7 forever. That would kick serious ass.

Here is one idea I have been talking to a few people about. It would just be so super expensive that it wouldn't fly.

Build a projector into your helmet or goggles that displays your data. Like a HUD on your visor or goggles. It is possible and has been done.

This would work for skydive as well as scubadive.

How sweet would it be to know what your ratio is WHILE flying your birdman suit or tracking, or immediate info on your fallrate? Skydives would become much more productive.

And that idea WAS MINE. You all heard it HERE FIRST. I SAID IT. ME.

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!