heli_1

Fair Market Value

Hey Guys,
Was wondering if you could help me with something. I've been out of the sport for a while, and I'm looking to sell a rig I have that I never really got used to. I was called to active duty shortly after buying the rig, and never got too comfortable with it. Getting back into the sport, I'd like to get something different.

I have VERY few jumps (<30) on the rig, and it's a mirage g3 with a 150 sq ft (used to be lighter, worked out a bunch since!) spectre and a pd reserve, along with a cypress 2(?).

Can you help me determine a fair selling price for this rig? Like I said, I'd like to sell it and use the money to help buy a new set in the future that better fits me.
Thanks!
A

I have VERY few jumps (<30) on the rig, and it's a mirage g3 with a 150 sq ft (used to be lighter, worked out a bunch since!) spectre and a pd reserve, along with a cypress 2(?).

How many jumps are on the container, main, and reserve? Not how many you put on it, but total (unless ofcourse you bought it new and no one else jumped it).

I believe DOM is 2003/4. I'm away right now on business but will post that as soon as I get home. I bought it new, and never got more than 30 jumps on it before I was activated.

Cyp was new when I got it and I haven't serviced it (no 4 year service done)

people will probably want to know the dom of everything as well as the details on when the cypres was last serviced and when its due for its next service. having said that ill give u a grand for it....;)

I'll give you 1100 for it!!! :P
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Wow nice looking rig. I like the black and yellow.

If everything was made in 2004 and the main and container have 30 jumps on them only, here is my opinion of what its worth, keep in mind your at that spot with this gear where its pretty much brand new but you realistically wont get what you paid for it because its used;
Low-High prices
container; 1200-1500$
main: 1100-1400$
reserve: 800-1000
cypress: 400-600$
So in the range of 3500 to 4500 in my opinon is what I think you can realistcally get for it. I personally would give you 3500$ for it no problem ( if I needed a rig :)
Hopefully this helps

Jay,
Thanks for the info! It's really helpful.
That's pretty much the range I was thinking. I know i won't get what I paid, and frankly, that doesn't bother me too much, but I would like to get a reasonable price for something. I'd think most people would find it to be a good deal!