SarahC07

Attention runners!

After reading AggieDave's post about hard core PT, I began to wonder how many of you guys out there run on a regular basis.

I have recently (over the past few months) picked up running. Four or five times I week, I pump out 3.5 to 4 miles and it's reasonably painless.

And my questions to you...

How far do you run? How often? AND (what I really want to know) how fast is your pace?

6 miles, 2-3 times a week, depending on how whiny I feel that week. I usually run that 6 miles in about an hour. Heck, I'm usually happy just to finish running that far without stopping for new lungs. :P
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Same here, I run from base to downtown San diego waterfront and back. I never get tired of the run, especially during the summer times when the hot ladies are out.B|

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I go through phases in running... sometimes I don't feel like it... (lately I haven't... I need to work on it again...)

When I'm motivated I can typically do anywhere from 6-10 miles (I've ran a marathon before without a problem... 4-5 days a week (I don't like to run more then three days in a row... gotta rest the muscles and bones)

My typical pace ranges from 8:00-9:00 min/mile...

Scott
---------------------------------------------------------
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Running is the form of exercise that I find most satisfying, both physically and emotionally. There is such a feeling of freedom when you feel like you can run forever. :)
Unfortunately, I've had multiple knee injuries over the past couple of years and currently do mostly cycling/elliptical machine workouts for cardio. My goal is to get back to real running.

I vary my cardio from bike to running, etc now. In the military we ran every other day though. Every day (sometimes twice/day) while in rigger training before airborne school. Every other day was good, it wasn't until the daily 4-6 mile runs on hills where my knees and IT (ilotibial) band started to give me problems.

Unless we were doing fartlek or LSD (long slow distance), the pace was usually 8-9 min/miles. 4 miles in 35 minutes= 9 min/mile pace.

To avoid all this pain/injury crap, always switch your shoes out every 6 months if you're running routinely. Stretch those shins and don't run hard daily on hills (I don't think thats much of a prob in CS ;)).

I run about 3-5 days a week in the gym.

for 30 min. at 6.0 Mph or I use the Elliptical machine for 30 min. and cover about 3.5-4 miles.

I just start going back after 3 months off and have to say it feels awesome to be back in the gym.:)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain