joerocket1022

Aerodyne ZPX

I'm a conservative jumper and a fairly heavy jumper at 200 pounds. I don't see myself becoming a swoop god, so the smallest canopy in my future is a 150. A smaller pack volume sounds lovely. I spoke to mirage and they have no pack volume data, so they can't offer any container advice.

Does anyone have experience with the new ZPX material ?
I came with a simple dream, a dream to kill all humans. _Bender Bending Rodriquez

I have a ZPX Pilot 188 in an Infinity I-44, sized for a 150-170 main. It fits in there nicely and still has some room. I'm not sure exactly what size the pack volume equates to though. Either way, the 188 fits well and I can still go down to a 150 with the same container. I'm happy 'cuz this should last me for a loooong time. Hope that helps some.
I'll be whatever I want to do!

In practical world ZPX canopies pack 2 sizes smaller than regular ZP canopies. Pilot 188 ZPX packs like Pilot 140 ZP.
Fpr those who use our Icon rigs, Pilot 210 ZPX will comfortably fit in I5, 188 ZPX in I4, 168ZPX and 150 ZPX in I3, 132-117 ZPX in I2 and so on.
On container subject, if you are having hard time with other manufacturers and their sizing just order a stock Icon with custom, built to your size, harness from Aerodyne. It comes fully loaded with options. That means n extra money for spacer foam, stainless....you get the picture. Did I mention that if you order it on Monday you can have it ready for the weekend?
That is faster than 182 climb to the altitude :)

Hi vertical,

Since your are one of the 'in' people I have a question. I seem to 'think' that they said at PIA/Reno that they were going to use this fabric, in non-ZP form, for their line of reserve canopies.

I recall that they said that this fabric would reduce the volume of the reserves also.

Thoughts?????

JerryBaumchen

Hi vertical,

Since your are one of the 'in' people I have a question. I seem to 'think' that they said at PIA/Reno that they were going to use this fabric, in non-ZP form, for their line of reserve canopies.

I recall that they said that this fabric would reduce the volume of the reserves also.

Thoughts?????

JerryBaumchen

Hi Jerry,
You are right HoneyComb design does reduce pack volume in a full ZP form. We really did't know how much, till we started packing mains built out of ZPX. It only makes sense that "F111" form of that fabric will pack smaller than standard F111. We have been working hard on bringing ZPX into the daylight, so we as skydivers can enjoy its cool properties. So far it has been very positive experience. It would be silly if Aerodyne stopped at that. I don't want to start a brush fire, but if you are patient and with continuous support of our customers, we will see some neat products coming to dealerships near you soon.
Blues,
Leszek