Cajundude

LOL! Who wants to help pick a printer?

Hope this will go easier than the computer purchase. I plan on going to best buy for a printer. I want one that scans, faxes, copies and of course prints. Preferable one that has good scanning capabilities and printing photos.

Any suggestions? I know that I will probably stay away from the Brother products.

i have an HP all in one fax/copier/scanner/ printer. the 3015 model. they have better ones..this one is great for what i use it for, though. ive never had a problem with it at all!

its here if you want to take a look http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/home/store_access.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0257160040.1100216246@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccladdddejggmkcfngcfkmdflldfgg.0&product_code=Q2669A%23ABA&template_type=product_detail
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

I would say it depends on the volume of printing you want to do...

I have an Epson all in one (which is great for all the things you want) but costs shit loads to run....

Look seriously at the ink costs! My colour laser is alot cheaper to run than my inkjet.
:)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Prob the most important thing to consider when buying a printer is the cost of replacement ink

Definatly. Printer manufacturers make their money now on the consumables. Cartridges that cost nearly as much as a whole new printer are common. Also HP the whole power supply dealey.

I buy ink seperatly. For black you get, well black. And for the colour you get magenta, yellow and cyan. Then drill a small hole in the top of the cartridge and use a syringe to inject the ink back in. The only ones that this wont work for is the Epson chipped carts. You can get over 6 refils per kit, which costs less than a quarter of what a new cart would. Very messy the first time though.