bigway

any criminal lawyers out there, UK??

well at least, thanks for keeping the post alive, i really need some advice on leaving the uk with a warrant for arrest that does not want to be dealt with until after xmas........( this is for a friend of course). this friend was caught driving while disqualified.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

If there is a warrant out that means they didnt show up for the hearing.

As a former magistrate I would look on the failure to attend as very serious.

Therefore I can only conclude that this matter didn't occur recently and that your "FRIEND" had plenty of time to deal with it before the warrant was issued.

Do you know if its a warrant with or without bail?

Either way, my advice is go to a solicitor, not get responses from here, see whats happening and deal with it.

These warrants dont just go away, and leaving the country knowing there is a warrant would only make matters worse.

Is the friend worried about a possible prison sentance? As I know that in our court that driving whilst disqualified usually merited a custodial sentance.

Knowing the court process, I would say it would be a fair while from answering the warrant, setting a court date, the hearing and pleas to reports and sentancing. Taking it way past christmas.

As I said before its not going to go away, but if its not addressed asap your "friend" might.

Bryn
Journey not destination.....