heftee

PC joystick games

My boyfriend just got his new computer and is dying to play some joystick PC games. He once had a flight simulator and wants something along the same lines but with guns and shooting and killing (I think I should worry about him). We looked at the Flight Simulator 2004 but it didn't seem to be enough shooting. I don't exactly understand what he's looking for, but I've been asked to get him a game for x-mas.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
HELP!
thanks

-------------------------
"If you've never jumped out of a plane, the best way I can describe it is it feels as if you've just jumped out of a freakin' plane."
David Whitley (Orlando Sentinel)

My boyfriend just got his new computer and is dying to play some joystick PC games. He once had a flight simulator and wants something along the same lines but with guns and shooting and killing (I think I should worry about him). We looked at the Flight Simulator 2004 but it didn't seem to be enough shooting. I don't exactly understand what he's looking for, but I've been asked to get him a game for x-mas.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
HELP!
thanks

Microsoft also makes a Combat version of the Flight Sim games. Insead of just flying, you get to dogfight.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

If you're looking for Aircraft/Sim combat, anything from Jane's Combat Simulations would be good. I've got Longbow and F-15. They're both awesome. They are a little complicated so you do have to learn/know how to fly a little. But they do have training missions (from beginner to advanced). He'd have to read the manual to learn all of the controls (which there are many, but they do have a reference card). I would recommend a good joystick for these also, I have a Sidewinder 3-D. It works well with flight sims.