vins7083

Beginner in need of help

I just finished my AFF course and now what to purchase my own rig. The only problem is that I have no idea what I am looking for or what anything means. Could you please direct me in the right location so I may become educated in the sport. I would also appreciate any recommendation on equipment for a 185 lb male that wants easy opening, safe landing, and no "swoop" necessary. Thank you, look for to hearing back.

Chris
:)

Sorry I misread your post, hence the edit.

You should talk to your instructor about what is a good choice for you, but if you want to know about how well a canopy or other gear performs, check out the gear tab at the top of the page. It has reviews of the most common equipment used. Good luck, and blue skies!

I just finished my AFF course and now what to purchase my own rig. The only problem is that I have no idea what I am looking for or what anything means. Could you please direct me in the right location so I may become educated in the sport. I would also appreciate any recommendation on equipment for a 185 lb male that wants easy opening, safe landing, and no "swoop" necessary. Thank you, look for to hearing back.

Chris
:)

Hi Chris,

There is a gear section on dropzone.com that has reviews on all parts of equipment and it is worth reading the comments. Also there are alot of threads in the forums on equipment for newly qualified skydivers, some of the most informative posters are skybytch and BillVon and you can search the forum limiting yourself to posts from those users.
Searching for equipment for newbies etc, will unfortunately not help as you'll bring up hundreds of threads just like yours.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I voted "Don't Get It" because you said:

I just finished my AFF course.....I have no idea .....what anything means.

Is this a condemnation of your instructors??
Maybe rightfully so. Maybe not.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239