McDuck

SONIC BEEF Epidemic

Okay, founding member consensus is that this isn't spreading fast enough for our tastes. This is a call to all current SONIC BEEF members to get your asses in gear and recruit recruit RECRUIT! If you have been named already and don't have your hat...WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU WAITING FOR??

Sir The Beef, could you please post a webcam pic of your hat to let current hatless members know what they are looking for? I'd do it, but my camera broke after taking several pictures of my own ass.

I'd also like to take this time to recognize some of our newest members: Hairy Beef, McBeef and Beef Bomb (Mondo).

Membership awaits. Contact your local SONIC BEEF members to fulfill your membership requirements and get your name. B|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Well my friend, here's the list of current rules, subject to change at the whims of the 5 founding members. B|

#1 Jump with a member of Sonic Beef.

#2 Party with a member of Sonic Beef.

#3 Recieve your name and number from the member you are with.

#4 Purchase your own Sonic Beef hat you cheap bastards.

#5 Always be willing to help a Sonic Beef in need of a good jump , or drinking buddy, or?.

#6 Any Sonic Beef member can name another.

Since I JUST missed you at Gruyeres and wasn't able to meet you at Bottens, perhaps I can confer with the other founding members and get you your own charter to start spreading the BEEF to all of our friends in Europe, or at least postpone for you the requirements to jump and party with one of us. :P

And if a duck and beef can go together, I can't see why fish and beef can't. :D

Okay, I'd like to welcome "Flaming Beef" to the roster. To forestall questions as to his "orientation" he was given his name for his fantastic fireworks displays.

Also, "Slack Beef" has joined us in a rather lackadasical manner. Go get your hats, chumpsters.
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

Since I JUST missed you at Gruyeres and wasn't able to meet you at Bottens, perhaps I can confer with the other founding members and get you your own charter to start spreading the BEEF to all of our friends in Europe, or at least postpone for you the requirements to jump and party with one of us. :P

would be glad to become a temporary Beef :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Okay then, you are hereby given the temporary name of "Fishy Beef" and are vested with all the rights and stench of regular BEEF members until you fulfill the requirements of jumping with and partying with a member. Hopefully it will be me, as we are trying to find a way to go back for a skydiving-only visit, but any member can initiate you.

I guess I'll have to get a picture posted of the hats so that everyone knows what to get embroidered and how.

For now, go forth and spread the BEEF, young "Fishy Beef". B|

I live in DE so it won't be long. McDuck was just in Geneva, just missed him. If you get up to DE PM me, IF I go to the Valley I will PM you. Beef and fish definately go together just as long as you mix the red and white wines zusammen/ensemble. Here is a pic I took of my wife at the DZ here.

You don't have to identify that it's temporary, unless you're looking for a better deal. ;)

You're officially SONIC BEEF now, we've just postponed your initiation. B|

I'm guessing that you might want to get TWO hats: one for your local area, and one for those of us with only a smattering of French at our command. :D

You don't have to identify that it's temporary, unless you're looking for a better deal. ;)

oh perfect thank you

...and one for those of us with only a smattering of French at our command. :D

what does that mean ???

It means that I only know enough French to make native French speaking people laugh and/or roll their eyes. You should have seen me on the TGV trying to be as low key as possible as I ordered two bottles of Vittel. And again as I tried to ask for two Metro tickets from the TGV station in Paris to Abesses. Hey, at least I tried. :$

HAH!! This is great stuff. Now we are truly international baby!!!

So which language are you putting your name in? I'm kind of partial to English since I am American and only really speak one language even though I have a working knowledge of Sonica the forbidden language of love used mostly by "THE BEEF". GO RM 52!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Welcome aboard!!
Wee Beef / Wee Creator / Sonic teh Beef Hog

Okay, since you posted that first pic here, I'm going to jack this thread for a moment to accomplish two tasks, and you can guess at what those might be.

Did you see the pic I posted on sonicbeef.com of the three of us, #2? You should go to sonicbeef.com and check out that picture of the three of us. It's a great pic of three SONIC BEEF founding members, but it's currently only available at your website, sonicbeef.com. B|

Glad you liked it, my friend. It's been hibernating on my computer since before you left. I just thought it would be a welcome addition to the current photo lineup there and help to spread awareness of chronic back-acne...of people not in that photo, I mean. :|:P

Oh, I don't know. It might add some culture to our little group if you had both, the english version AND the French version. B|

Oh, and did you see ncjumpjunkie's post with the pics so you know what to get? You're our native European connection, so you'll be the one beginning the spread of the BEEF over there. B|

sorry for arguing, but I think it would be better to start spreading the BEEF in just one language. :P

Now I have to find where on earth in Switzerland I can have a SONIC BEEF hat done...
and what to put on it
recto : SONIC BEEF
verso : Fish or Nic "Fishy Beef"
your advice ??

You are absolutely correct, nic. I just thought it might be nifty to have a member who...ah, heck with it, I have no idea what I was thinking. :P

The way we have our hats done is to put our real first name in cursive on the back of the hat, with our BEEF name below that in quotation marks. You can see an example of it here. Yours should be Nic above "FISHY BEEF". B|Hope that helps.

Okay, I'd like to provide an update and welcome some new members to the fold.

This weekend saw Zesty Beef, Beef Tenderfoot and Chipped Beef (#13) join the ranks at Beef Base Alpha. Beef Tenderfoot narrowly avoided the moniker "Smeagol Beef", but since that name tends to be associated with male critters, we shied away from it...for now. My brain is oatmeal, so witticisms are nil at this point. Perhaps once I've regained my faculties, I'll have more to say, but for now, suffice it to say that these new members are welcomed with open arms and lots of gravy.

Nic, since you are hatching the European chapter of the BEEF, your home DZ (or where you feel most comfortable, even a mobile chalet) is Beef Base Bravo. Carry on. :P

"Lids" at the mall, and the embroidery stall in the food court already has the SONIC BEEF pattern in their system. Of course, you could always take the pic John posted of his if you need a reference.

Yes, navy blue is the color we've chosen. We're all about the solidarity...and lard. :P

Nic, your # is 15, and don't let anyone try to bribe you for it. :P

Clint my friend, how's life treating you? Don't sweat not being able to make it out there. You'll still be welcomed warmly when you do. B|

As for leaving the old job, it was high time I made my way back into the world of the "adequately compensated for employment". I took a job as a network engineer elsewhere. I'm curious to know what they said to you when you called asking for me at the old place. They weren't too happy I left, but they couldn't match the more than double my salary that this new place offered. Oh, did I mention full benefits, 401K and good vacation and sick time? Yeah, 180 degrees out from the last job. A jailbird says "It's a GOOD thing." :D