dropdeded

My Dogs Ass

My dog has this bug up it the past few days. He is a 6 month old black Lab pup. He's smart as hell and when I showed him the paper in the driveway, he learned to fetch it right off the bat. Open the front door, he goes out, brings the paper back. No problem. Been doin it for about 3 months now. Well, past three days, he's got this bug up his ass and off he goes, trompin his black, hairy little ass through the neighborhood. WTF???

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Sounds like he might have pussy on his mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like his owner?
------------------------------------------------------------

Why yes Mary, I DO like his owner;) But unfortunately, well, you know[:/]

dropdeded
The Dude Abides.
-

I have a black lab also...4 years old now....one thing I've found is that if he doesn't get enough exercise he gets pissy and lazy. When he doesn't play fetch/run etc for few days he becomes a beeeiotch....but run his ass around for a bit and he's good. They are high attention/activity dogs....

This is just what I've found....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like his owner?
------------------------------------------------------------

Why yes Mary, I DO like his owner;) But unfortunately, well, you know[:/]

dropdeded

I know you "like" yourself, but just how much do you love yourself? Enough to take matters into your own hands?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Well, when its not used for awhile it does get annoying. Matter of fact, its gotten so annoying lately that I tried to pull the damn thing off, then I found out I like that too:o

So when you coming back to California Mar??

dropdeded
The Dude Abides.
-

Not sure what my plans for next year are yet.

With all the trips I had to do this year, I might just stay home and relax, but I'll let you know when I'm going to be in the area.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I have an older black lab and she has an invisible fence at home but when she was younger sometimes she would get uppity when we let her out to go to the bathroom and run throught he fence and then through the neighbor dog's fence and go play with him for awhile. Then she would sit inside his yard and bark until someone came and took off her collar and walked her back through the fences.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

The problem is that he needs something to do. Take him and more importantly you to a CGC (canine good citizens) course. If you check with your local dog clubs I am sure you will be able to find one. This will teach both of you obedience:P and will give him a job at the same time. Dogs like to work and they like to please.

Stay safe and good luck,
Mike

Very good advise. I have three dogs, and I have to let them run everyday. No matter the weather. It's good for me that they force me to do that, since I too get out and get some exercise.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just removed that, uh, "option", 2 weeks ago.:P

dropdeded

I have no clue why, but my parents' dog was 'taken care of', but he still ran away and had urges...

Funny thing is when I worked on a horse ranch, we had geldings that still tried to mount mares even though they didn't have the 'stuff' anymore...:P -The one we had the most problems with used to be a stud, so I guess old habits died hard for the poor boy...:ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

My chocolate female used to be the same one. Good, bad, good, etc. It has a lot to do with the attention you give them. Labs are extremely smart animals. They will test you and see just how far they can push and then take just a little more.

Nola, my girl, used to fake a limp on the way back from a walk. Seriously, it looked perfect and it only happened when she knew we were heading back to the house. Of course she got all of the attention she wanted when we thought something might be wrong. Finally, when I realized what a manipulative bitch she is I just started dragging her faster and it quit shortly thereafter. It's amazing how smart she really is.