tiigra

dating advise - guy who is too pushy

we have just dated a few times and he behave as if he really loves me, he calls me, he wants to meet me all the time, gives me presents, plan the future and so on.

I just want to learn to know him and see if I like him. But it's difficult when he is so pushy.

Have it happend to you with a guy/girl you wanted to date? I'm not sure what to do about the situation.

Yes.. a long time ago I dated this guy who thought that because we were dating, he ruled my life. I ended up kicking him out of my apartment in the middle of a football game because he pissed me off. He proceeded to sit in the parking lot for 30 minutes (waiting for me to come rushing out after him), and finally left, only to call me from around the corner wanting to come back.
Didn't work out for him.. oh well.
He sucked.

But yes he did all of the same things, and pretty much saturated my life. We only dated a few weeks.
I hope he learned something.

DAMN!!

If I only had that problem with a girl.[:/]

Personally, I have only heard of this happening to girls. Maybe some of the Brad Pitt looking guys have this sort of problem, never me.

DAMN!!

If I only had that problem with a guy.:o

Personally, I have only heard of this happening to guys.
Maybe some of the good-looking girls
have this sort of problem, never me.:$
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

DAMN!!

If I only had that problem with a girl.[:/]

Personally, I have only heard of this happening to girls. Maybe some of the Brad Pitt looking guys have this sort of problem, never me.

DAMN!!

If I only had that problem with a guy.:o

Personally, I have only heard of this happening to guys.
Maybe some of the good-looking girls
have this sort of problem, never me.:$

You do NOWWWWWWW... ;)
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

Have you sat down with this guy, and verbalized what your thoughts are?
You need to tell him, make sure he knows where you stand. I've never dated a clingy guy before, so I'm not sure what you've been through, but it sounds like he really REALLY likes you. If you aren't ready for that much seriousness going on in the relationship, tell him. No games.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

It happened to me, and I'm a bloke. 30 minutes after our first kiss she was planning the next couple of years.

Needless to say it didn't work out. We are still friends though.

As for the overly pushy bloke: tell him that he's being a bit too forward, and that things need to be taken more slowly.

When this sort of thing happens I usually just end it. There's too many fish in the sea to waste your time with someone who is annoying you. Having said that, I dont have the best track record by way of relationships, so maybe just try talking to him, never worked for me, but that's just me. :S
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

A guy that is that insecure and that needy is not necessarily a good thing. Sounds like a major self esteem issue. If you are interested in a relationship where one person is high maintanance and requires your constant attention and validation, go for it. If not, don't.

I've heard this a LOT more from guys than women, with the girl being the needy/pushy/desperate one. Typically very insecure girls.

Jen

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Yes... this has happened to me.. and with guys "communication" usually is the best key.
Be honest and open with him on how you would like to approach "getting to know him" and he may just surprise you, and take a small step back so you can breath. Although with some it takes more then communication, if that is the case maybe he is not the one for you.

If I only had that problem with a girl.

Like they say, be careful what you ask for because you just might get it. I agree with Peregrinerose that this sort of behavior reflects insecurity/low self-esteem rather than true affection. It gets old very quickly.

My suggestion for Tigra is to suggest that the guy rent the movie "The Tao of Steve." It will give him a completely different perspective on male-female relationships. (This alternative perspective is not without flaws, but it does contain some truths.)

Edited: spelling.