SkyAnt

MP3

Don't know what Im doing wrong. Got a new MP3(never had one before) and I have down loaded songs via my pc onto it. I have verified the files are there but when I go to play through the Mp3 the files are non existant. Ie they are there but the Mp3 wont recognise them. Anybody have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Sorry bro, but all I could say is to consult the user's manual and perhaps try googling user problems for the type and model MP3 player you have. If that doesn't work, try shooting their support guys an e-mail.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

i have an ipod and to put music files onto that i have to convert them into WMA files!?! wat ever they r i jus have to do it but itunes can do it automaticlly for me !?!?! i say get an ipod lol! wat storage size u got?
those who do it cant explain it! those who dont, cant understand it!.. if riding in a plane is flying then ridding in a boat is swimming!? experince the eliment get out!!

i have an ipod and to put music files onto that i have to convert them into WMA files!?! wat ever they r i jus have to do it but itunes can do it automaticlly for me !?!?! i say get an ipod lol! wat storage size u got?

Piss on all that WMA / DRM crap. Get an open-system player that won't jerk you around.

mh

Don't know what Im doing wrong. Got a new MP3(never had one before) and I have down loaded songs via my pc onto it. I have verified the files are there but when I go to play through the Mp3 the files are non existant. Ie they are there but the Mp3 wont recognise them. Anybody have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Make sure the MP3 files you're trying to play, are not DRM compliant. If your MP3's files do not play properly on your MP3 player, either, they're DRM compliant, or else, they are corrupted. As far as I know, all of Napster, SONY, or other MP3 providers, like Apple's Itunes, are selling DRM compliant MP3 files, which means they can only be played on the computer they were downloaded to. For those who do not know, DRM stands for "Digital Rights Management" which a way to prevent MP3 files to be duplicated "ad infinitum".

DRM sucks... Windows Media sucks....

Yves.

Funny thing about all this is that i download my own cd's to my computer. The main reason i bought an mp3 is to have all my favorate songs in a small package. Eventually i want to pack one into a helmet.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)