skydivejo

dredlocks????

heya dred people i am considering getting dreds and have looked at www.dreds.com very gd site lots of info but i need to know which type of wax an shampoo to use as u can only use certain types.. you can order from them but i cant as i have no credit card an all they say is to use their products (understandable) so plz dred dudes give me some info:)
those who do it cant explain it! those who dont, cant understand it!.. if riding in a plane is flying then ridding in a boat is swimming!? experince the eliment get out!!

Dreds are a pain in the ass. I used to have em.

But use Knotty boy or dredhead. Or go to a salon that knows how to do em. They take a long time till the ropes are set and totally knotted. Ya gotta wash your hair very carefully (and probably not at all for the first few weeks).
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

There are so many ways to set dreds--you can braid them and just let the braids lock...you can use wax..you can even use thread. My sister set mine. She used beeswax and handed me a scarf and said good luck.

For each lock she used two 'pieces' of hair. (as opposed to using three to make a braid) She took two pieces of hair and put the wax in and twisted them into pigtails (very short) and put a rubber band on the end of each. When they are 'set' you just take the band off and separate one piece from the other (are you following me?). You can shampoo while they are setting IF you have the bands in and are committed to twisting (without more beeswax) right after. And a side note, you do NOT have to use wax anymore after they are set. My cousin and I had a disagreement with that because she went to a salon (ca-ching!) and they put so much wax on her I called her 'candle in the wind' for a year).

There are different types of hair and different degrees of 'locked' and anyone can do them (not everybody should). Mine are very tight and thin, but of course I want the big fluffly ones! I'm sorry for the person that didn't enjoy the experience cause I really love mine and have a 10 year commitment to them (2 more years). We'll see after that.

Good luck and enjoy and don't go crazy with the wax ~~April
P.S. as far as shampoo...whatever you LIKE!

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

i gettin them in a few weeks now a friend does them for her job putting fake ones in and dreding people's own hair (i gettin my own dreded) can't wait,an thanx for the link to knotty boy i am ordering everything from there

the mega starter kit thanx for all ur help guys an gals

l8er:)
those who do it cant explain it! those who dont, cant understand it!.. if riding in a plane is flying then ridding in a boat is swimming!? experince the eliment get out!!

So, you want to be a Dredlok, huh?

I had dreds for years. I just let my hair dread up. I had ugly honest homegrown dreds, rather then the picture perfect salon dreds. When you grow them the way I did, you have to shred them apart, because they tend to all clump together. The only thing I did to them, aside from shreding them to a reasonable size, was to twist 'em up. Also, I washed them with water only, just rinsed 'em off, and squeezed 'em dry.

lol yer i gettin them done by a friend that knows wat they r doin so i wont have that problem lol

I implied that you were asking people if we thought you should get dreds. If that was the intent of the post then I ask this b/c some age groups would get away easier with this kind of look also different types of careers would accept this type of hair style. If that was not your intent of this post then forget I asked.

cool sozi didnt understand i am young at at skool and couldnt give a s**t wat skool thinks lol

I do that in a salon and you need to know that your natural hair is going to be screwed after you've done that. Totally screwed. So, if you just want something temporary, you might want to look into something else. Oh, and do you really think you could fit those giant dred extensions under a skydiving helmet?;)

lol true!! i have a friend at my dz who has dreds to her butt an she can fit them in her helmet!!!lol;)