millertimeunc

Lesson I learned this weekend

This thread won't die that's for sure! ;)

I know this jumper in person and it should be noted that he does not have "old", "misleading", or (especially) "incorrect" information in his profile on purpose. Likewise he is a very safety focused jumper.

There are many people here that don't hold the mentality that you should judge a poster off their profile #'s. While I agree the #'s can help, when accurate, for some questions. I do agree they aren't needed for this one.

When I read the first post I got out of it that even the most experienced jumper in the world could have made this mistake... It just goes to show that at times our everyday tasks can go into an "auto drive mode" and we should take a second and do things like it was your 5th jump, scared as hell, checking all your equip 5xOver :S

Having had a similar mal before as well, (I caught mine in air thankfully) I'm now religious in the plane about checking my &*%^...

Note: Any opinions/views posted by me are by me alone! I will speak about a person but not for one and put words in their mouth... unless told to do so! B|

=--{O}------------------{O}---] D.S.#111 VSCR # 123

I know this jumper in person and it should be noted that he does not have "old", "misleading", or (especially) "incorrect" information in his profile on purpose.

Your phrasing is a little bit confusing, not trying to be nitpicky but it honestly obscures your meaning. "He does not have incorrect information on purpose" either means:

1) He intentionally didn't put incorrect info there (did put correct info there, meaning his profile is correct)

OR

2) He unintentionally did put incorrect info there, meaning his profile is incorrect and was an accident

Since you seem to be defending him overall I'm going to guess you mean #2. But he just said:

I have my own reasons for not updating it

Which implies that it is the way it is intentionally. Which negates what you're saying (based on either interpretation #1 or #2, since he's claimed it's both out of date and intentional).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com