dks13827

PD Pulse, can someone write a review ?

Yes.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3508658
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3542159
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3538853

I should add ... I have one on order and am expecting it in the next few weeks. Obviously, I liked it. B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Good openings, not too hard not too soft. On heading openings, behaves itself in linetwists. Great intermediate/wingsuit/cameraflyer canopy. Easy to pack due to Optimum fabric used, packs up small. Flies flat, easy to get back from a long spot. Do not overload (= more than WL 1.3) or you'll have trouble flaring (flare feels real mushy at WL 1.4), at a lower WL the flare is fine. All in all, this is a canopy I like.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

is it true that at least 2 of the cells have to be orange?? (no2 and no8 i think) :S

Um ... no, though the bottom skin (the Optimum fabric skin) can be any color you like as long as it's white.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I tried it and I have been disapointed. I tried a Pulse 150, loaded @1,45. I found the opening only average, mostly a bit brisk for my taste. Very reactive on toggle, heavy risers, flare only OK.
I only put 2 jumps on it and I gave it back, I found the the Stom a lot more to my taste (I jump a Sabre 2 150).... It's absolutely not a review, just a quick impression... One of my friend was very pleased with the Pulse and puchased one. So be sure to try beforehand.

Yep, as always, opinions are like assholes ... everyone's got one. :D The only one that matters is your own if you're planning to jump the canopy. I had the opposite impression. Loved the Pulse, was kind of "meh" on the Storm. That's why it's great that PD has such an accessible demo program - there's really no excuse for not trying one! (At least in the U.S. - I don't know if international shipping charges make the costs prohibitive outside the U.S.).

Wasn't the right canopy for me - I liked the openings, but there wasn't much else about it that would tear me away from my current canopy (Pilot). The particular one I demoed had a trim issue (slight built-in turn that I had to counter to get it to fly straight), so I had that to contend with as well.

Other than the trim problem I can't say there was anything in particular I didn't like about it, but there wasn't anything in particular I loved about it either. There are a lot of reviews of the Storm on here that are written by people who have jumped it considerably more than me, though - I didn't put that many jumps on it b/c the trim problem was annoying (and weather was a factor, too).