Jumpervint

Beware Shopping Cart Surfing

My wife and I went to the grocery store Saturday night, a typical Saturday evening. We even joke about it being our weekly date since we end up there most Saturday evenings.

I like to ride the shopping carts. You know, push off and hop up
and ride the cart for awhile through the parking lot. Did that Saturday and when I hopped up I felt a pop in my calf and an immediate burning sensation. Oh-oh. When I finished the ride near the car, I gingerly let myself down and felt pain in my calf. I thought I’d torn something in my calf. I couldn’t walk in a normal manner - I have to shuffle, like Festus. Looks really stupid and I'm really slow.

Lots of Ibruprofen, ice and an oxycontin left over from years ago. The leg seems slightly better, today. I actually made it around work without major problems and it seemed better at the end of the day than when I started the day.

Ah, the joys of being out of shape and older than I was. I’m just glad it’s not jumping season.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

You know you surf the net too much when someone posts a topic called "Beware Shopping Cart Surfing" and you immediately think that there's some new virus with on-line shopping carts (only remembering about the real-world ones until after reading the post). :S:D

Sorry to hear about your leg. Hope you get better soon.

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

I have to shuffle, like Festus.

The sad part is that the youngsters here will not know who Festus was[:/]

I am almost 50 and I ride the carts too. I get these looks from people like they wish they could do it too.
I don't understand why they just don't go for it!
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I'll be 51 next month. I ride the carts just about every time I go to the store.

I was riding a cart one time last summer and this woman started laughing at me. I said, "It's fun!" She said she hoped she was around when I crashed.

She just didn't get it.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis