CSpenceFLY

Scariest thing I've seen in a while

I just went out to change the hitch on my truck that I tow my camper with.I don't usually change this because I work out of another truck through the week.The locking pin that holds the hitch in the receiver had somehow become unlocked.This is not something I check all the time because I never remove it.I towed my 30' camper 2 hrs last night coming back from Statesboro.I will add this to my list of things to check.Those of you that tow stuff with your vehicle...Check Your Shitt.That damn thing could have killed me last night.

The locking pin that holds the hitch in the receiver had somehow become unlocked.

So much for calling it a "locking" pin. Locked things do not come unlocked by themselves. If anyone was messing with your shit, I've got kitty claws!! >:(

But surely not... so just add this to your "gear check" before you tow away home.

hey check out my sig line..

Sat. night, a group of us were leaving the dz in my car. About a mile down the road, a car came out from a side street and turned right, but swung really wide into the oncoming traffic.

The oncoming traffic was two tractor-trailers hauling flat beds with full loads. The truck in front weaved off the road about half the width of its front end to miss the car. The car swung back just in time.

They missed by less two feet, closer to one.

That damn thing could have killed me last night.

naw, i betthe saftey chains on the hitch would of held!!!! you do have safety chains right?????

Yes but I have been in a vehicle that a small trailer came un hitched from.I would hate to see what a 7000# camper would do.:|