OrangeJumper

Why would anyone......

watch the Lifetime Movie Channel? I was with a friend of mine last night and she was watching Lifetime. I managed to choke down three different shows, can't remember the names of any of them. Anyway, the 1st show was about a woman that was raped, the second was about a man cheating of his wife, and the last one was about some guy who stalked this girl and eventually raped and killed her.

WTF man! That was nothing but a man bashing channel. Honestly, I cant understand the enjoyment one would get from that crap. It was nothing but sob stories of some man doing something wrong to a woman.

Do any of you watch this channel? :S

The Original Cabana Boy!

It's not all man bashing. "Dawn Anna" was a wonderful movie about a woman who had a very serious condition in her brain that couldn't be fixed (can't think of the name), so she had to continue to suffer the effects of it. Not only that, but they had operated on her brain, so she had to learn how to walk, talk, etc. all over again.

Then 5 years later, her daughter died in the Columbine attack. It was a really sad movie, but no man bashing, and it was actually very inspirational.

They also show "Mad About You" and "The Nanny" . . . so yes, I watch Lifetime. ;):P:D

"The Nanny" has to be the worst show ever produced! I swear that wenches voice is like listening to nails across a chalkboard. It can be on 4 rooms away and I I'll go into spasms when she talks.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

:D My old roommate is addicted to bad Lifetime movies. She LOVES them!

I don't understand the fascination with that channel. Oh, I forgot to mention that she was crying the entire time. Why in the hell would you want to watch shit that is going to upset you......hmmmmm. I kind of compare that channel to country music, not that I'm bashing it so please don't take offense, the majority of it is depressing. Wouldn't a person want to watch something funny or something that has a postive out come? I guess my man hood is taking over and prevents me from understanding the benifit of that horrible channel.

The Original Cabana Boy!

I used to hate "The Nanny", but then it started coming on before and after "Mad About You", and it's actually kind of cute. Particualrly when it comes on in the mornings, and you realize you're watching TV during work time. Not sure why that's so appealing to me, but it's also why I like "The Price is Right" and "Days of Our Lives". :D

I guess my man hood is taking over and prevents me from understanding the benifit of that horrible channel.

[insert eye rolling icon here] Please. Get over yourself! :D Lots of people like crappy things. You don't understand liking this crappy thing. I don't understand watching Lifetime movies either. Some people like cheesy things. That's okay.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I guess my man hood is taking over and prevents me from understanding the benifit of that horrible channel.

[insert eye rolling icon here] Please. Get over yourself! :D Lots of people like crappy things. You don't understand liking this crappy thing. I don't understand watching Lifetime movies either. Some people like cheesy things. That's okay.

There is a reason I said that. When I asked my friend last night why she watched this channel, she stated that I wouldn't understand because I was a man.

The Original Cabana Boy!

Please tell me you were able to nail her while she was in a state of distress? Perfect timing, she's all weepy eyed and needs a strong man. Badda boom badda bing! :ph34r:

j/k ladies, I would never do such a thing... :)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Please tell me you were able to nail her while she was in a state of distress? Perfect timing, she's all weepy eyed and needs a strong man. Badda boom badda bing! :ph34r:

Dude all I wanted to do was leave. I went through two hours or so of these movies and by the time they were over, all she wanted to do was cry and reflect on her experiences. That was way too much drama for a Thursday evening. I'm not trying to sound insensitive or anything like that so please, no PAs.

j/k ladies, I would never do such a thing... :)

The Original Cabana Boy!

I won't deny it. I have been known to sit back and watch those movies one after another after another...'Pregnant at 15' was one of the all time fav's back in the day LOL It's just nice to watch 'em cause it reminds you that you don't have it so bad! LOL :)

There is a reason I said that. When I asked my friend last night why she watched this channel, she stated that I wouldn't understand because I was a man.

Well, that's sexist of her to say that. I don't have friends that tell me I can't understand something because I'm a woman.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Well, that's sexist of her to say that. I don't have friends that tell me I can't understand something because I'm a woman.

You have candid friends then.
:D

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Honestly, I could have cared less. I just wanted to leave.

The Original Cabana Boy!

It's not all man bashing. "Dawn Anna" was a wonderful movie about a woman who had a very serious condition in her brain that couldn't be fixed (can't think of the name), so she had to continue to suffer the effects of it. Not only that, but they had operated on her brain, so she had to learn how to walk, talk, etc. all over again.

I must have given up on that movie too soon, because i decided it was gonna be a bad one when she started to fall for the dorky mustached man. :S

I find that most of their movies vaguely resemble another movie that was good enough to make it into the theathers. :D I do enjoy Mad About You, though, so i'll have to give lifetime that.

As for you men that can't understand the channel... lets compare it to my lack of understanding the constant watching of motorcycle, car fixing and gun shows by some men (whose name will not be mentioned here :o) :P

It's just nice to watch 'em cause it reminds you that you don't have it so bad!

Sorry, but that's what Jerry Springer is for!

And you forgot to mention that fact that they have Golden Girls on every third show. That's America's masterpiece theater at its best.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.