Casurf1978

Anyone have an IPod

or a walk with my dog, Shimmano.

Do ya ride bikes???

anyway...i have a 40 gig. was given a 20gig for Xmas...and am so glad that I upgraded. my 40 gig is now officialy full to the brim. over 12,000 songs of AAC encoded songs at 128kbps...Also my family and i have a new iMac. in a way you could call us a halo effect buyer. i started liking apples cause I was so enthralled with the iPod that we ended up buying the imac. now I have an airport express router that I wireless stream my tunes from my ipod through itunes/airtunes to my home stereo...I just dont have a need for a CD changer or CD's in general since my iPod and our iMac is here.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Note to ANYONE with an ipod - ditch the standard headphones - they suck (and apparently you are now far more likely to get mugged with white headphones than black ones:S) and replace with some low end sennheisers or some such. the difference in sound quality is amazing! (i have a 2nd Gen one)

I am right now listening to tunes on my new Shuffle. It fits perfectly in the little coin pocket on my jeans and I don't even know the thing is there...but I digress from your point. I bought a pair of Bang & Olufsen headphones and am using them for the first time as well.... excellent sound quality and they really stay in the ears well...much better than the standard issue iPod earbuds. Expensive but I am very impressed with the sound quality.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I got a Shufffle on Thursday. It is way cool. I have an Apple at home with one small glitch of seating the shuffle to a USB port - the Firewire port was in the way. I got a USB extension cable and it worked fine. Came to work and plugged it into the Compaq and it was instantly recognized and started playing.

I'm listening to it now and the sound is good. I think the earbuds are okay, but they're big and fit poorly.

Very light weight, way cool idea, and I'm looking forward to listening to tunes on the way to altitude this year. The coin pocket idea is a good one - you're right - it fits perfectly.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

I used to have a first-gen 20GB iPod, but after surviving all the abuse I dished out, dropping it in a mud-puddle was just a bit too much.:$

I tried to tell myself that it was just a fad, that I could live without that yummy musical portable perfection. I thought I could, but I couldn't. sigh...

I just picked up a 4th gen 20GB and, man, I can't believe how small these things are now. It's almost 1/2 as thick as my old one. I would have loved to have gotten the 40GB model, but I just couldn't justify it as I also just paid for my Cypres 4 year...besides, 20GB is more than enough to stick the current 1/3rd of my MP3 collection that I'm listening to on.

A friend who works at a chain store hooked me up with a great deal and with the 20GB iPod (I got the HP which has the 1 year warranty), the car charger, and a case I was out the door for $320 after tax. Not too shabby!B|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™