NiteQwill

Got suit?

RW suit and freefly pants. Almost every jumper spends some time on his belly, and freefly pants are good for freefly of course, and for funjumps on belly as well. So

The more important question to ask is: Where do I get most for my money? Rather spend a bit more money but get a suit with a long lifetime.
1300 Sprünge, 100er Wingsuit Formation, viele nette Menschen kennengelernt, keine Unfälle. Schön war's!

For a new jumper who is unsure of which discipline to pursue,

Here's your problem.

Why only pick a discipline? Learn to do multiple disciplines. They are all fun. Single discipline wonders are a pain and likely only in it for their own egos :P

To start though? Full comp RW Suit AND a full FF suit.

Pants are nice around the fire, but you'll FF better in a full suit. RW suits are really dialed in for design, you want the big booties and the full gripper set.

You can wear anything doing CrW
Ditto for swooping - the Manpris are just for show
As a new jumper, you don't have to worry about wingsuits just yet
A good comp RW suit is great for tracking dives

If you can only afford one suit, get the RW suit as the fit is very important. You can FF in coveralls if you need to (or jeans and a t for now). As far as the FF suit, a simple supplex fit is fine, all the liners and meshes, etc are neat sales gimmick$, but it should be about flyability, not option adder$.

But I'd recommend you get each and don't try to force one to work for the other disciplines.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

RW suit and freefly pants. Almost every jumper spends some time on his belly, and freefly pants are good for freefly of course, and for funjumps on belly as well. So

Freefly pants don't provide any upper body drag which really helps for head-up flying.

You need a full freefly suit. If you don't have a fast enough fall rate in it you need a RW suit too.

The more important question to ask is: Where do I get most for my money? Rather spend a bit more money but get a suit with a long lifetime.

There's no connection between jumpsuit price and quality. There's a big connection between what's popular and well advertised and how much you'll pay though.

I've gotten well bit, perfectly fittied suits with good fall rates from experienced local riggers/seamstresses that had made a bunch of suits before.

Dustin, if you plan on doing belly for a while after getting your A I suggest you order a nice RW suit with all the major options (Mega booties, big grippers, inside leg grips and extra courda on the booties/knees and butt) The great thing about doing RW at Elsinore is all the free coaching. Besides excel camp they do stuff all the time, just yesterday Julia had a free 4 way camp that had about 15 people participating.

As for brands, I only have experience with Tony and Bev suits. From what I have seen, Tony's hold up better than Bev suits. (2 of the guys I jump with have Bev suits and both had booties goto crap) But there are other great brands besides those 2.

I am guessing you never got a chance to talk to Melanie last weekend, if you are there this weekend I will hunt her down for you!!

btw, there is a canopy course this Sunday being taught by Johnathan Tagle. I dont know if you will be done with your A (u might tho) but since you have that rig u may want to think about it, check out the website.

Also dont get zippers or vented booties, if you get the mega booties you dont need zippers and cuz of your build you sure dont want vents. Also whatever brand you get I would consider getting it thru Square1 since Purusha is very good at measuring, she did mine and it fits like a glove. Of course the downside is you will pay tax on the order, most likely would not if you order directly.

Good luck and hope to see you soon...
Steve

btw last night we did 3 loads, last one went up about 10:30pm, I got in two 3-way jumps! Next ones are in July and I hope you will be there!!
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

Thanks guys for the great info!

As I said before, I want to be a GOOD belly jumper. So I will go with an RW suit. I guess FF can easily be done with a pair of FF pants and a long sleeve shirt in the future.

Steve, I talked to Mel and Purusha. Went to jump today and went into the shop, probably will get measured and order next Thursday. A license on Saturday, May 23 if all goes well! B| I'm bringing the beer and food!

"Fail, fail again. Fail better."
-Samuel Beckett