ostadler

Vodoo wing flyer setup

Hello all,

I plan on purchasing another Vodoo gear which is used mainly for wingsuit flying. Now I found that there is a special wing flyer setup from Rigging Innovations. That means that the bridle is longer, the pilotechute is one size larger, and the corners of the main container are left open for smoother deployment.
Now my question is: Does anybody here has tried this setup? Any opinions on this? What exactly does it mean when the main container corners are left open?
Can I still use this modified gear for Freefly?

Maybe some folks out there already have this setup and can share some thoughts!

Thanks a lot,

Greetings from sunny Munich, Germany,

Oliver

Hello all,

I plan on purchasing another Vodoo gear which is used mainly for wingsuit flying. Now I found that there is a special wing flyer setup from Rigging Innovations. That means that the bridle is longer, the pilotechute is one size larger, and the corners of the main container are left open for smoother deployment.
Now my question is: Does anybody here has tried this setup? Any opinions on this? What exactly does it mean when the main container corners are left open?
Can I still use this modified gear for Freefly?

Maybe some folks out there already have this setup and can share some thoughts!

Thanks a lot,

Greetings from sunny Munich, Germany,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,
I have two Voodoos, both with wingsuit mod.
-This is a stunt jump

-Wingsuit jump

-Several pix of the Voodoo from different sides

FWIW, I've owned three previous RI rigs, a Mirage, a Jav, and a Stunts Eclipse. I currently jump the two Voodoos most of the time, and have an FX as well. Love em' all.
The open tray that is part of the wingsuit mod is very comfortable in freefly or RW jumps. I did a jump a couple days ago on my FX and the difference in opening threw me a little; I prefer the feeling of the open tray regardless of whether I'm in a wingsuit or not. I don't pack grommet-up lik a lot of wingsuiters do, and don't experience line twists at all with the open corners.
Packers seem to really like the open corners once they've worked with them; I know I do. I'd much rather pack my Voodoo than my other rigs.
Can you tell I'm a big fan of RI and open corners? :P

Ask Brenda/Kit about the embroidered Voodoo eye; it's a little more spendy, but after a few hundred jumps, my Voodoo eye still looks like it came off the showroom floor instead of being frayed and worn.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.