jose

Which music sharing program????

Ok, So I have tried several P2P programs, but none really seem to work well. What I mean is that everytime I go to get a couple songs, there are million people in que and its pointless to try to download it.

So what do you use? Anyone use the P2P part of Deepnet Explorer?

I use bearshare and Really have no problem downloading songs. They download quick and bearshare doesnt take up much room on the computer at all

"When once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." ~da Vinci

If it's whole albums you are looking for then the best way is to use bit torrents. You'll need a bit torrent dowloader, something like http://azureus.sourceforge.net/ will do and then get you torrents from places like http://torrentreactor.net

It's much better than trying to get albums track by track, one download and its all there in a folder, named and numbered.

Or so i've heard ;)

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

A lot of these P2P music "sharing" sites claim to be 100% legal, but I question that. Maybe the SITE itself isn't illegal, but to download copywrited music from someone else through the site HAS to be a violation. In my way of thinking, if you want to download music, you have to do it from a site that charges "normal" prices because those are the ones paying royalty to those who own the music. I download a lot of music from WalMart's download site, and you can choose entire CD's for like $9 or individual tracks for $0.88 each. It's very simple and is a plug-in to Windows Media Player, and you can download anything like 10 times without paying again. Stealing someone's intellectual property is just plain WRONG. I hope a certain person reads this and thinks about that.

I understand where your coming from. However, I have a BA (Hons) in Music Production and have been righting music for a number of years. I don't ever expect to "make it" being a songwriter, musician or performer, it just a hobby to write. I give a lot of my material out to people I think might enjoy it for free. Music like all art is a for of self-expression and I'm just happy that people enjoy listening to my material. Sometimes people offer to pay me for copies, I refuse every time (unless its a beer or something). I'd be happy to send anyone something I've done for free, I just hope they enjoy it:)

A lot of these P2P music "sharing" sites claim to be 100% legal, but I question that. Maybe the SITE itself isn't illegal, but to download copywrited music from someone else through the site HAS to be a violation. In my way of thinking, if you want to download music, you have to do it from a site that charges "normal" prices because those are the ones paying royalty to those who own the music. I download a lot of music from WalMart's download site, and you can choose entire CD's for like $9 or individual tracks for $0.88 each. It's very simple and is a plug-in to Windows Media Player, and you can download anything like 10 times without paying again. Stealing someone's intellectual property is just plain WRONG. I hope a certain person reads this and thinks about that.

Walmart has music downloads now? Jesus.

I just checked it out. I refuse to use them because they only support IE. bleh.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.