TrophyHusband

we're going to idaho

jumpdoc, aka megan got the call today from the detailer that we will be pcsing to mountain home afb idaho this summer. we are excited to be going someplace new and very happy that we will be within a one day drive of my parents. having grown up in washington, i miss the mountains and am very excited to get back into the hills. we are very sad about leaving our beloved family at gold coast where i started jumping ten years ago and megan has been jumping for the last four years. everybody will be greatly missed, but we will come back to visit.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

the lack of skydiving sucks, but i like snow and i love to go skiing. there's also elk and deer hunting, hiking, climbing, and a whole lot of other outdoor activities that are easier to involve my son in. you gotta take the good with the bad.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

i like snow and i love to go skiing. there's also elk and deer hunting, hiking, climbing, and a whole lot of other outdoor activities

I laughed during a recent psych interview for a job. The Doc asked me what I do for fun. I ,of course, say "Skydiving!" So she asked a few follow on questions about that then......she asks "What else do you do for fun?" That's when I chuckled and said "I used to have other hobbies.....I liked to hunt and fish, snowboarding, I have owned motorcycles and a boat once. Then about 5 years ago I took up skydiving and all the rest went away! Now......the DZ is where I spend pretty much all my free time." :D

I love Idaho. If I didn't live were I do now, loving it BTW, I'd move to Idaho.

Sounds like you will have a great time with your son, showing him the simple things in life.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

i hear lost prairie is a kick ass boogie. i'll make it a point to make it to that one. hopefully i will run into some old friends from toledo wa.

I am sure you will. I first met Mike and the gang at Lost Prairie 2 years ago. I dropped in there on my way to and from Oregon on Sat and Sun. They are already talking about Lost Prairie.B|

The boogie starts on the 23rd of July and runs to 1 August.
http://www.skydivelostprairie.com/pages/events.htm

My boyfriend and I just got back from visiting friends in Idaho. They are in Rigby, near Idaho Falls. They are 2 hours from Jackson Hole and Grand Targhee. It was really beautiful out there. Not somewhere I personally would love to live, but winter trips there are high on my priority list now. :)

Well all of you must be coddled, I live in Idaho, Boise to be exact. I jump at two different DZ's here, and it is the best environment to jump in. One of the DZ's will have a King Air twice a month during the summer.

Yes, Lost Prarie is an event, one not to be missed.

Idaho, and most of the NW states provide the most of what life has to offer. All of those things that you listed and more. Don't forget kayaking, whitewater rafting, skiing, snowboarding, the only legal BASE bridge in the US.

I look forward to meeting you if you're in the area. I fly camera at Snake River Skydiving.

"Make your plans dark and as inpenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt" -Sun Tsu

rocket