airtwardo

FOCUS behind the wheel!

"Yeah, I was in a knife fight, but I know Kung Fu, so you shoulda seen the other guy..."

(Nothing wrong with a little levity since he's going to be fine!)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

that will be a totally rad scar - chicks are gonna dig it

Or maybe he can cover it with a really cool tattoo :P:). I'm sure you'd help him with that :o

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Having been hit by a car while on bike, I can understand your anger regarding this situation. Having it be your child, I cannot imagine. Was this a hit and run? Do you know who hit them?

Man, if somebody ran my kid over because they were fucking aroudn in the car, I would have no words for what I would do to them.

Reminds me of one of my professors who got rearended on his motorcycle at a stoplight, pushed under the car in front of him, and then the person who rear-ended him got out of the car, still on their phone. Personally, I would have twisted their head off for that, had it been me.

Personal responsibility means nothing these days.

Sorry to rant.
.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

Personal responsibility means nothing these days.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the yahoo that hit me also went to court and contested his ticket. He's damn lucky he only got charged with running a red light and not vehicular assault, and he still tried (and, unfortunately, succeeded:S) to get out of responsibility.

Of course, after my bodily injury claim, I'm sure he's uninsurable now (at least at any reasonable rate...).

what crap, they moved your guy and did not call the meat wagon.

teach em a lesson. it will hurt them but they will learn, sue em! go to court
you'r man will get his colledge paid for a car and youll get lots of skydives
life is a journey not to arrive at the grave in a pristine condition but to skid in sideways kicking and screaming, shouting "fuck me what a ride!.

Glad your kid is alright. The driver was totally responsible for the accident.

I've come closer to getting creamed many more times on the sidewalk than I have riding in the street (and I probably spend less than 10% of my riding time on sidewalks). It's a personal decision, but I feel that, in most cases, riding in the street is safer than riding on a sidewalk. Drivers are looking for slow-moving traffic on the sidewalk and fast-moving traffic in the street. When I'm forced to ride on the sidewalk, I make myself go slow and keep my head on a swivel anywhere a car might cross my path (intersections, driveways). I'm especially wary of cars coming up behind me and making a right turn across my path. The rule of thumb is "assume that you are invisible."

That is just plain insane. Glad he's going to recover. I would hire the best lawyer possible and sue that guy into the ground and donate anythng left to a childrens' charity.
In addition to that, I would call, write every newspaper, tv and radio station in the area and make a big deal about this. Write, call, and or camp out on your local and state politicians. Take pics and video. MAKE NOISE and do not stop.

We had a young girl get killed and the politicians ran with it. LINKhttp://www.dorislosberg.org/

The best to all of you.

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez

:o Whoa!!! Hey Jim
that's a nasty injury.. any deeper,,, and i'd hate to think what would have happened...
What are the details on the driver and if there were any other occupants in this careless persons car...???? Did that driver stop and offer assistance???.... Damn...I hope that your son is doing OK......
( and you were thinking that living in or near NEWARK,, New Jersey??? would have be scarey???)
forget that!!..you better watch out for suburbanites with their own agenda....
And thanks for the heads up for all of US,, to be careful of bicyclists, pedestrians motorcyclists and animals,,,, since as we all know,,,, It's more dangerous on our roads, than it is in the air.:| jmy