Kid_Icarus

Is it safe to heat food is styrofoam?

You need a good woman there to cook for you. Then you won't need to reheat stuff.

I need one of those too - any good women for hire?

My fantasy woman = gourmet in the kitchen, white tornado in the house, green thumb in the garden, and Speedy Gonzales with the errands.

Room and board provided.

Thanks.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Well is it? Sometimes the food eats holes in it or almost all the way through. Were is the styrofoam going?

styrofoam is a polymer of the styrene molecule. it's not okay to microwave it because it absorbs energy in the microwave part of the spectrum and melts. by comparison, it doesn't absorb energy as quickly in the infrared part of the spectrum so that is why you can put relatively hot food in it and it will be fine. as someone already stated, styrofoam is soluble in organic solvents such as gasoline, acetone, pretty much any non-polar solvent unlike water or alcohol.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

so do you wanna go make out now?:D

we could go to a movie and make out obnoxiously in the back row. we'd be the envy of all the middle schoolers in there! or, i could take you to the secret geekery and show you all of our toys...you'd get so hot! :D:D:D
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

this post and another post reminds me of a science experiment we did once way back in middle school. i for got what it was about, but the out come wassssssssss:
nail polish remover dissolves styrofoam.
..but if you want to microwave it or pour it in your gas tank go ahead :)
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce