ruffrider31

Icarus canopies

My first Icarus canopy was a Safire 129 from Spain custom made and I loved it.
I then sold my kit and purchased the same canopy from NZAerosports, just different colours and it is exactly what I expected.

To my understanding Icarus NZ had alot to do with the design of most of the icarus canopies and then they were made under license in Spain.

NZAerosports is a small company that spends alot of their time testing canopy designs and perfecting them. They mainly deal direct with their customers and that is the way they seem to like it and it makes sure of a fast turn around.

Personally, I would suggest you not hesitate to buy from either company, they both offer the same canopies.(except NZA does not make the Neos or the reserve) The main advantage i think you will find with NZA is that you will have your canopy in 3-6 weeks, the main disadvantage with them is that they might not have the special colour you want in stock as Icarus Spain would have.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Jyro from nz aerosports started Icarus and designed the first canopies. He went into business with CIMSA in spain and Precision in the US. Precision is no longer involved with Icarus.

CIMSA has designed all the recent canopies in the Icarus line, Safire2 Crossfire2, Omni, Neos, and the reserve. They were also working on the 11 cell nersion of the Neos, but have no idea what happened to that project.

Jyro appears to be focusing his efforts on the JVX and deadalus canopies. He still makes canopies for Icarus, but Spain handles most of the production for the world (US and Europe)

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

You can buy from NZ aero sports or icarus spain.

Not sure if there is a price difference.

price fluctuates with the american dollar, as many of the materials come from there, the exchange rate is good at the moment with the weak US dollar so a good time to by from NZ...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

price fluctuates with the american dollar, as many of the materials come from there, the exchange rate is good at the moment with the weak US dollar so a good time to by from NZ...

only reason i ask is because this one rigger was basically devalueing my canopy because it was from spain. and said there not as good. kinda pissed me off.

only reason i ask is because this one rigger was basically devalueing my canopy because it was from spain. and said there not as good. kinda pissed me off.

tell him there's at least one rigger that says the same thing about the canopies from NZ.. :|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Dear Sir,

Please, feel confident about your canopy "made in Spain". Unfortunately, Persons try to impose their point of view. It is normal for an Anglo-saxon person to underestimate other nations skills, as is normal for a latin, germanic or nordic person to do the same with other cultures. It is human.

I must to report to Your Person that Icarus Spain has a very high manufacturing quality, due it is part of CIMSA (Formerly known as Sampere de Paracaidas), making parachutes and decelerators since 1947.
The manufacturing process is all under ISO 9001, and ISO 9002, the employees have a 20 years average working experience, well paid. The machinery is state of the art, laser-cutting included, nad there are a minimum of 3 quality checks before your canopy is sent to You.

You can have a look, via: www.cimsa.com

Hoping I have expanded your horizon

Blue Skies, and safe Skydives

Juan Fraile Nuez
Military Parachute Rigger
Spain, Europe
Juan Fraile-Nuez
Military Parachute Rigger (ret.)
Spain, Europe

I know for a fact that the Spanish safire 1s flare better than the other safire 1s. I'll jump a spanish safire anyday, and yeah, Cimsa is pretty good.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Dear Sir,

Please, feel confident about your canopy "made in Spain". Unfortunately, Persons try to impose their point of view. It is normal for an Anglo-saxon person to underestimate other nations skills, as is normal for a latin, germanic or nordic person to do the same with other cultures. It is human.

I must to report to Your Person that Icarus Spain has a very high manufacturing quality, due it is part of CIMSA (Formerly known as Sampere de Paracaidas), making parachutes and decelerators since 1947.
The manufacturing process is all under ISO 9001, and ISO 9002, the employees have a 20 years average working experience, well paid. The machinery is state of the art, laser-cutting included, nad there are a minimum of 3 quality checks before your canopy is sent to You.

You can have a look, via: www.cimsa.com

Hoping I have expanded your horizon

Blue Skies, and safe Skydives

Juan Fraile Nuez
Military Parachute Rigger
Spain, Europe

best answer yet, thanks.