Skyliving_Dave

Who wants a mars bar?

This is in the true spirit of all those random 'facts' you hear from people in drinking establishments, ie you breathe through your skin in freefall :S and all those other 'true' stories whuffos like to tell us.

Someone down the pub told me that Mars Bars could safely have a best before date 250 years in the future because there's so much sugar and preservative in them. Apparently they put something realistic on the wrapper instead as people would think it was a mistake or freak out about it somehow. I'm not saying this was from some scientist, or that I actually believe it but I thought I'd toss this one out there and see if it pops up on the bullshit detectors...

Who believes it and who doesn't? Who knows the answer? Who wants a Mars Bar? These are the questions I need answered!

--------------------------------------------------

'Everybody needs a mate called Dave'

I don't know anything about Mars Bars but I remember my science teacher had a twinky in his desk from when my MOM was in his class twenty some odd years earlier. He said it would never go bad and he showed me it was still squishy. That was 15 years ago for me and he still has it in his desk and shows his students now. That freakin Twinky is at least 35 years old AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S NEW!

:S:P

One time I threw a half eaten Drum Stick Ice cream cone thing in my trash and three days later I looked and it was still in there, not melted, formed just like it was still frozen ice cream.
What the hell do they put in those things?

:S

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

LOL @ Shannon!!

You sure it wasn't melted ? Even just a little bit ? Was this before or after you took those 12 hits all at the same time ??

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

LOL @ Shannon!!

You sure it wasn't melted ? Even just a little bit ? Was this before or after you took those 12 hits all at the same time ??

It was not melted. I swear there is no ice cream in those packaged things you buy from the ice cream truck. It's fake I tell ya! >:( :D

--------------

Twinkies have a shelf life of twenty-five days, so that twinkie sitting on his desk is waaayyy past eating stage. you should try though :P

Maybe they do now but I doubt they had a shelf life on them back in 1975.

--------------