Bowen

Re: [Darius11] My new Aerodyne rig

ok this is for everyone that wants to know about the car. moderators can delete if they want. it's a stage 6 300zx twinturbo 5 speed. It has about 450 horsepower/ 470 ftp of torque at the flywheel at 16 pounds of boost. a little over 500 horses and around 500-520 ftp of torque when spraying nitrous. I have been building the car for close to 7 years and have spent over 45k on the car. it will break the tires loose at 60 mph. nitrous can only be used in 3rd gear unless you have slicks on. it will excellerate very quickly because of the upgrades to the drive train. it use to be a "one of a kind" untill the fast and the furious came out and ruined the import sence. my next car will not have a body kit or any indication of mods. if I knew everyone was going to buy civics and put wings and body kits on them I would have never done that to my car
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

That only equates to 390ish rwhp. Depending on your weight, I highly doubt you can break the wheels at 60mph. 40, possibly, but not 60.

<-- pretty up on performance auto

Yeah and what do you drive a civic or mustang? if your ever at skyventure Orlando you can ask my colleagues about my car. My gears go as followed.

1st = 40mph
2nd = 70mph
3rd = 105mph
4th = 135mph
5th = maxed out

if its hot then no, it wont. but if the air is cool and dense it will break loose right at the end of the torque curve around 5500 rpms and at around 55/60 mph. I can just cruise in 2nd and punch it, once it gets to that RPM range it will break loose. rear wheel horsepower and weight does not automatically determine if the car can break loose. you have to factor in the weight of the rear of the car. its a hatch back and the engines in the front. which equals less weight in the rear. you did know the car is rear wheel driven right? Also someone who is up and up on cars would not quote "That only equates to 390ish rwhp. Depending on your weight, I highly doubt you can break the wheels at 60mph" horsepower doesn’t win races torque does. torque is the force that throws you back in the seat, not horsepower.

if you want PM me and we can debate this further. other wise lets try to keep it to gear related issues. im sure the Moderators with delete this and that ok. im not here to discuss cars on the forums

torque does not win races, HP combined with torque does. Torque gets you off the line, HP gets you to the trap faster....

You are right. hp picks up where torque falls off. anyone that can (not hard) read a dyno chart can see the transition. I am not a fan of mustangs but seems as though you did a good job with it. I am also not a fan of imports as I use to. to many people want a look and not the proformance. there are plenty of imports that can get the wheels off the ground. they also get them up pretty high but most cars that are modded are front wheel driven cars. I personaly will go with a vett next time. I want a car I can build into a monster. what are your times without slicks? do you get traction/ have to add weight in the hatch?

Fast cars? Gotta love fast cars.

Had a 94 Mustang Cobra. 347 billet low compression motor on an A4 block with a 14# Paxton Novi 2000 huffer. 496 HP...to the rear tires with a conservative (read rich) tune and just lightly polished heads. Little more head work and better fuel rails and pump and a new dyno tune, 550-575 to the tires would have been no sweat.

Next ride was a 2001 SS Crapmaro, all the usual bolt ons, beefed up the auto tranny and converter and a 150 shot of nos. 472 to the rears. Never got a time because tracks wouldn't let me run without a cage.

Current car is a four door that I'd run just about anybody in...from a light or a 70mph jump.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

...still curious about the turbo's, cam's, IC's, fuel system, tune, on this car....?

Here You go.

The car as is, is pretty much maxed out. I still have the stock turbos on her. the most anyone has ever gotten out of stock turbos is around 420 430 rear wheel horsepower, I am not sure of the torque numbers.

On Z's the cams are usually added much much later when you are done with every bolt on and are building up the block. Any staging chart you will look at from stillen to jwt to sgp racing you will see it towards the end.

The fuel system is run buy a JWT stage 3 ECU. It will re-map and adjust timing. the fuel injectors are also stock and can push up to 18 lbs of boost but will be boarder line catastrophic , that’s why I will only push up to 16 lbs.

The intercoolers are something I should have done when I moved to the south last year. I have seen a loss of power on those hot days, I originally came from the north east. If I were keeping the car I would go with stillen side mounts. These go in the stock locations and are able to flow 30% more over stock. I would not go with a front mount due to my oil cooler and radiator being mounted in that location.

The tune on the car is done by my upgraded ECU and my AVC-R.

Here is a list of the mods:

Performance:

I. JWT Intake / U.R. Underdrive Pulley
II. JWT ECU
III. Gutted pre and main cats
IV. HKS Hiper cat back exhaust
V. APEXi AVC-R boost controller
VI. Nitrous Oxide wet kit: 60 shot

+TurboXS Blow off Valves: Type-H
+Unorthodox Racing Aluminum Flywheel
+RPS Max street disc
+Nitrous purge valve with dual outlets
+nitrous Express remote bottle opener
+MSD digital RPM window switch

The addition of a turbo upgrade, intercoolers and injectors will put down around 550 to the ground. I followed the progression charts and have seen an amazing transition with the power of the car. At this point in my life I don’t have the lust or 8 grand to finish the project. Like I said before I will get a vette ( or something similar) and keep it stock looking and just build the car for power.

If you want to check out some performance charts go to:

SGP Racing: http://store.yahoo.com/sgpracing-store/9096nis307.html

I also added a pic of the interior

-Bowen

Reminds me of a movie...

Dom: You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! Now me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block, and replace the piston rings you fried.

Watch out for floorboards falling out when you run too much NAWS... :P

Thanks for the info dude.

When can I take it for a spin;).

I know what you mean about F&F fucking up the whole seen. I used to love The Supra twine before it was cool to love the Supra. Now I don't even want to mention it. Not to mention the price for a nice one has skyrocketed.

Sweet ride man.

I really need to get my self a new car[:/]
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain