skydived19006

Couch Freaks 2004!

Hey, did someone say it’s almost Labor Day!? To me that says COUCH FREAKS! I don’t get out much, but Fort Dodge Iowa is my one skydiving vacation. We shut the doors at the DZ for the weekend and make what has become a pilgrimage to Iowa for a really cool boogie!
I’ll take this opportunity to thank in advance the Des Moines Skydivers for what I know takes them all year to organize! They do an excellent job! Great planes, two Otters, Skyvan, and King Air form Skydive Az. Live bands two nights, good food two nights included, very cool clothing optional contests, beer truck 24/6 (six day boogie), coed showers, and don’t forget the chicken pooper (you just may have to be there to understand “chicken pooper”)

So, let’s hear from all you Freaks! Who can I look forward to seeing this weekend in/over/around Fort Dodge Iowa?
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

So sad...doesn't look like I will be going this year...the Big Dick Dive will have to live on without me!!!

I told Aimee that she could find me by the budge in my front pocket. And that the appropriate response would be "are those batteries in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me". She wasn’t sure she would be there either though.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

I am Aimee...geesh!!! :S;)

Yea...nope, guess your batteries are safe!!!

You know when I was typing that response; I had the thought that maybe this was Aimee. I was pinched for time (almost time to leave work) and didn’t want to do the research, risking looking stupid for the sake of expediency. It’s all too obvious now, Rubber Cock Fly Chick, I get it. So I don’t need to take my batteries?

Doesn’t seem to be all that much interest in the topic of Couch Freaks here. That’s fine; it really wouldn’t be the same boogie with twice as many skydivers.

AC DZ

Doesn’t seem to be all that much interest in the topic of Couch Freaks here.

I would go if I knew I didn't have to share my shower time with males[:/]
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Yeah, I know the showers are an issue, and a pain in the ass for quite a few women. You can arrange to trade “guard” duties with a friend at the shower tent. The first time I went to the Couch Freaks Boogie (10 years without missing); I had a really hard time believing that it wasn’t some kind of joke. Also, I would assume that some choose to get a room instead of camping because of the shower issue. That said, I wouldn’t change it!

AC DZ

Duh!!! the name alone should give it ALL away...though there are those that don't approve!!!

Yeah...I don't think that there is a whole CF crowd on here...pretty much a different breed all together and I am guessing most barely know how to eat off of a plate, let alone type into a computer!!!! Ha!!!!

So...unless you want to just walk around with batteries the whole time...it would be kind of funny. You know, someone says, hey, why do you have batteries...and you just start freaking out on them.."batteries, what batteries...wtf man, leave me alone! I don't know anything!"

Have fun!!! Though with that boogie...that doesn't even need to be said!!!

Ok....let's start the count...who have I pissed off today!!!

I'd rather have an awkward morning than a boring night!!!

Ugh.........I've gone through this whole issue before. Why should I have to deal with peeling on and off a wet swimsuit? Come on now, how clean can I really get if I have a swimsuit on? Plus, I still have to undress from the swimsuit to dry clothes with males in the shower room.

I don't want to spend the money on a hotel, I'd rather spend it on jump tickets.

I just don't understand why the situation doesn't change there. I guess I'm just a prude[:/]
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

the situation doesn't change because you show up for the boogie expecting it, working around it (swimsuit, taking a shower at off-peak times, ect), or choking up the money for hotel.

Maybe put up a sign at manifest offering to pay a couple bucks to shower at someone's hotel room if you're staying on the grounds.

or... as you said so eloquently "learn to live with what life has to thow at you".

or... as you said so eloquently "learn to live with what life has to thow at you".

I have, I don't go:ph34r:

then no sense in beating a dead horse.

Just educating those that haven't been informed.

Hummm, sounds as if you might have something to do with running this boogie. If you do, I would suggest letting first timers know what to expect.

you have informed everyone fine by yourself... I can think of three distinct threads where you mention the showers. Neither here or there tho...

I'll agree- first timers should be warned, and I do but it's not near as bad as one would think. When you reach the shower, the wheel is a joke- it's only meant to confuse the first timers to the boogie. Lift the screen a little and announce yourself as boy or girl. If you're sensitive, don't shower at 7 am or pm, don't go alone and just be aware of your surroundings and you'll be fine.

When you have your girlfriend holding a towel up so you can take shower- please don't stop other girls from coming in too if there's room.

The water is colder then cold most of the time and *everyone* just wants to get in, get clean and out as quickly as possible.

Oh and don't forget a pair of thongs so when it gets a little muddy under the pallets your feet will stay relatively clean. Don't bring your hair dryer with you- you'll only blow circuits- shutting off the lights and don't leave anything in there you want to come back for (ie. electric razors) cause it won't be there when you do come back.

Did I forget anything?

and no, I have nothing to do with running this boogie- beyond running to the beer truck to get more beer! The freaks do a wonderful job of providing facilities on that desolate airport.

Oh and don't forget a pair of thongs so when it gets a little muddy under the pallets your feet will stay relatively clean.

Why not just take a man to stand on?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

but it's not near as bad as one would think

So you think that after have you have told a male "No, you don't want to share the shower with him.", and it takes two other males to step in and keep the guy out, that's not all that bad? I guess your idea of "no" and my idea of "no" are two different things.

The freaks do a wonderful job of providing facilities on that desolate airport.

Yes, The Freaks do a wonderful job of providing facilities to that airport. I know what it takes to put a boogie on. Clean porta potties, lots of friendly vendors, friendly manifestors, great food, and great skydives with people like Sandy doing the LO thing.

Maybe some education about the showers should be posted on the Website, as I see showers listed, but not saying to expect co-ed.

Yes, this is my soap box, and I stand on it proud and shout to the world. BTW, I did drop the organizers of the boogie an e-mail, asking them if they had any intention of changing the situation. They never bothered to reply to me[:/]

I know a bunch of freaks from my "summer DZ" have been counting down the days and last year was my "first time" and I couldn't believe that boogie has been going on for so long without me...... I HAD SO MUCH FREAKING FUN!!!!!! working in the sport for so long I forgot all the fun people could have when they go to boogies and let loose;)
see ya'll there
If God wanted man to stay on the ground.
He would of put roots on them instead of feet.
loving life
GO-N-UP