Tyjer

Need jump suit advice

....I wouldn't personally recommend swoop cords unless your instructors say you really need them. They ....... can send you out of control ......you can slow your fallrate with booties, inside knee grips, and fabric choices. And most importantly, you'll learn technique to control your fallrate better.

fantastic advice, very true - and don't forget fit

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

+1

besides the point, every guy that's serious about skydiving wont stay on his belly anyway. except for wingsuiting maybe.. oh, and at pull-time of course!:P

and those sausages just dont look so cool like an ff-suit! and that's what skydiving's about, right!? ;)

nonsense, your attitude is so old school hack ff'er - :D

some of the best freeflyers are also looking at ways to enhance their manuverability and power with suit features

some of the best freeflyers (VRW) even have grippers

if you want to be good, it's best to get proficient in all orientations and use the tools that get you there - there are 'serious' skydivers in all the disciplines, but mostly hacks and 'fun jumpers' across the spectrum too - they have fun also, so that's good too

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I have fairly low jump numbers but have already bought two suits; first was a Off the shelf Square 1 freefly suit. Felt like my fall rate was high with it so went out and bought a Bodysport polycotton w/ grippers, booties, etc. The real RW suits really help . plus booties help knee turns; once the tunnel instructor showed me that trick I have never stopped using them. Suits are fairly cheap compared to other gear, I dont see a problem with buying a new one once my flying style advances. In researching RW suits I found that with options they are all about the same price, I went with crater suit from bodysport based on reviews on DZ.com, worked OK so far. It came w/ swoop cords but you dont have to use em, just tuck the ends in your sleeves. Oh by the way I bought the protrack first so I could compare/record fall rates. You also figure out methods/techniques that work reducing fall rate after a while. Funny thing is that here in Socal at Perris just about everybody wears jumpsuits, however at San Diego nobody does.. they all jump regular clothes most times. I aint tryin that until Im sure I wont cause a sonic boom.....

+1

besides the point, every guy that's serious about skydiving wont stay on his belly anyway. except for wingsuiting maybe.. oh, and at pull-time of course!:P

and those sausages just dont look so cool like an ff-suit! and that's what skydiving's about, right!? ;)

nonsense, your attitude is so old school hack ff'er - :D

some of the best freeflyers are also looking at ways to enhance their manuverability and power with suit features

some of the best freeflyers (VRW) even have grippers

if you want to be good, it's best to get proficient in all orientations and use the tools that get you there - there are 'serious' skydivers in all the disciplines, but mostly hacks and 'fun jumpers' across the spectrum too - they have fun also, so that's good too

:P
cant a kiddo have a little fun!? :D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda