JoeBobinNC

DLAB anyone?

Yepp, what they said..took it back in 78'. Just remember them stinking rules...and a question will always sound like a question...and etc.etc etc...good luck...I just passed with enough to go to the DLIFLC at Montery CA.

And it never hurts to ask...what they hell did they just say. But remember, it is a taped test, not a book test...so once it starts...it starts.
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

"Defense Language Aptitude Battery"--Artificial language-yes, took it. No, no real way to study.

DLPT-measures your proficiency in a foreign language. I took it in Spanish, passed with midrange fluency. I only get paid if I retake it yearly, and only if I am in a billet that requires a Spanish Speaker.

2 Languages that only pay if you're in a language-sensitive billet--Spanish and Tagalog. Plenty of those speakers in the .mil without having to pay white guys like me to keep up fluency.

Thanks! Will do.

So basically the test is a gibberish language, and you must recognize patterns in sentences, right?

How long is the test, and how many questions are on it?

It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice.

I took it in 1990. Presumably the test has not changed much since then. The test is actually based off Russian language style grammer. I remember hearing this was because it was so different from the grammer/work order English speakers were used to. I went to DLI in Monterey, CA for Russian, and a classmate of mine retook it for some strange reason and recognized the similarity. Good Luck. DLI is a great posting.
-------------------------------------------------------
"These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choice left, and I'm ready for war."