BeattheDrums

Where would you live??

Ahhh the dilemmas... If you could Choose either England (about 45 mintues north of London(I forget the name)) or Anchorage, AK to live in for the next 3 years, which one would you choose? Ive got those two options for my next duty station.. trying to weigh out the options and get some opinions from the DZ.com Masses... :)
Any thoughts, comments, snyde remarks?
Thanks

A thunder of jets in a clear blue sky, a streak of gray and a cheerful "Hi"

I'd choose England, you're only a short ride away from Empuriabrava;)B|, and the rest of Europe
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What?? and not swoop a moose??!! Take England. Gives you much more opportunity to jump in other eauropean countries.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Luton? St Albans? Whatever, it leaves you close to a number of UK DZs, and very close to Stansted and Luton airports for cheap flights to Europe.

What he said, plus you have Chatteris, Hinton, Sibson ;)all within an hour of (45 Mins N of London).
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

alaska is pretty.... and i was there when they had really long days which i looooooove. but, i voted england. way more to see and do.... plus, they have cool accents.
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

I voted for England because you can visit so many countries relatively cheaply because of the train system. Think of all the places you could go!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks for all the input...

Well as the military works in its bizzare ways I have to wait for another week before i get to pick... (if i get to pick at all:S)... I dont hunt so I think England would be a better choice

What are the good DZ's near Molesworth??

Honestly, I think both locations would be an absolute blast to be for a few years.

Ask yourself if you want to be in a foriegn country that speaks a different language (don't kid yourself, the English speak an odd form of English:D:P) or if you want to be that close to Canadia.:D:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Ask yourself if you want to be in a foriegn country that speaks a different language (don't kid yourself, the English speak an odd form of English:D:P) or if you want to be that close to Canadia.:D:P

Excellent points... tough decisions... may have to go to the coin toss method...

Personally I would love being in AK for a while, I've yet to make it to that state and it seems like a very pretty state. Nevermind that I'm an "outdoors" type and I'd go nuts with all the Mt. Biking, hiking and camping available in that sort of country.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I just moved to Alaska 1 year ago for the adventure...Without a doubt, I would do it again! This is paradise up here. People bad mouth the winters up here. Our winter was by far a lot better than places in the lower 48. Right now, its getting dark at midnight, and light at 4am. Can't beat that. This is an outdoor paradise. Camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, skydiving, flying, snowmobiling, skiing, snowboarding, etc....etc....etc.... If you are not an outdoors person, don't come. Elmendorf or Fort Rich? I can't begin to tell you how many people i meet up here that tell me they retired out of the military just to stay here....many have extended while in the military just to stay an extra tour. I haven't talked to anybody in the military who doesn't not like it up here. With the exception of Clay.... but remember....in order for him to catch a sheep, he has to climb pretty high. Those Dall Sheep are elusive bastards.... Come up and visit for a week. Here is my invitation. Catch a cheap Mac flight or something...
Blue SKies,
and Semper Fi's,
John