Darius11

great story-Maybe a repost :|

See, if he was nasty, he'd have ripped you a new one for taking that picture..:)

WTF?

Go back to my previos post (on the first page) I put up a picture of my Dobey at Christmas, wearing antlers. :D

And, it was the only picture I could find of him on disc. He's smart as hell, but yet, dumber than a box of rocks. But he's the best dog I've ever had. He loves my son (18 month old that likes to climp and hug him). So I really can't complain.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

Ok, I just found another picture...this is my favorite of the Ferocious Doberman pictures.
Pictured here, is my 82 pound attack dog, being manhandled by my 27 pound son. :)

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

Now, that's cool, great picture (he wont hate you for taking that one;)) - I've a couple of similar one's pre-digital) I'll try to find them and scan them in for you.

Cheers,

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Yeah, real scary. Just a curiosity question- did you get both as puppies? And if so, why did you decide not to crop the ears? I don;'t want to start a debate on the issues of animal cruelty- I'm just curious.

I can easily make you believe exactly the same thing either telling the truth or outright lying. It's all language, and it's the use of it that matters.

Absolute truth in itself has very little value, and can be abused just as easily as outright untruth. Ever read a fictional book, or historical fiction? Or is that against your principles as well?

not really... lies are rarely complete in and of themselves. often tehy require additional lies to support them, eventually (very quickly for those who pay attention to details) the cracks begin to show and the facade falls apart... then you have lost all credibility for nothing... you could have simply told the truth...

fiction (real fiction vs outright lies) never claims to be truth... there is a fundamental difference between fiction and lying... if you dont recognize that then you have bought into the 'culture of lying' wholesale... and that is the exact problem with lying in the first place... why is it so hard to tell the truth for some people?

give me an ugly truth over a pleasant lie anyday... at least i know where we really stand...

Obviously, you've never met someone who knew how to use the english language well enough to say what they wanted to, regardless of truth content.

Let me give you this example, morals and principles aside.

You're planning on proposing to your girlfriend, but you gotta get the ring without her knowing it. She's at home, you say you gotta go do some stuff, she asks what, you tell her you have to go by walmart for some carpet cleaner, which you also have to do. She says pick me up some shoe polish, I'll see you later.

You just told the truth, while at the same time decieving her for a reason that no one would claim is immoral. You're not gonna tell her, "I'm going to go pick up your ring honey, act surprised when I propose tomorrow night".

or perhaps i have a low tolerance for blatant dishonesty and dont surround myself with those who have to lie to create a false impression

if your going by walmart in the first place you are not lying.. if you have to create a lie (although as you point out, your example isnt really a lie unless your stupid about how you say it) you should have thought about your statement BEFORE you made it.. its not hard to tell the truth without giving away your surprise... by lying about where you are going you are more lkely to create a situation that requires you to continue to lie to support the first...

of course you also have to be able to recognize the difference between lying and simply not saying anything..

in this example, simply leaving out the lie about 'saving her life' would have avoided the entire integrity issue... but sadly from the responses i can see integrity and truth arent as valuable to some as achieving 'a warm fuzzy feeling'.... no matter how much you have to lie to create it..[:/]

no thanks..

Hi,
No, not as puppies. Amber was ours and we often dog sitted Jemma when her owner was away (they were both different shapes, Amber was stocky and Jemma very thin of face - but strangely, both had very similar natures and habbits (they smiled:)
We got Amber from a rescue centre when she way nearly 3 (her original owner had died, so it wasn't due to abondenment or bad treatment).

As for the Ear docking, that was always very rare in the UK (but tails were generally docked) and now NO docking is allowed (under our Animal Welfare Bill) for any breed, except for medical reasons. So although tail docking does still occur, we now see Dobbies with tails - looks strange but you get used to it).

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

As for the Ear docking, that was always very rare in the UK (but tails were generally docked) and now NO docking is allowed (under our Animal Welfare Bill) for any breed, except for medical reasons. So although tail docking does still occur, we now see Dobbies with tails - looks strange but you get used to it).

I can only imagine how strange that must look. It's strange to see a Dobey with long, floppy ears. Don;t think I could imagine one with a tail.
But it's cool that you rescued her. They both look to be beautiful dogs.