RkyMtnHigh

Sugar Gliderz

I want to know EVERYTHING before I buy Misty's two sugar gliderz. I know they are nocturnal..and like to sleep in a sock. One is a biting BITCH and likes to run and fly free and the other is sweet and kuhl. Anything else?

They are cute as hell...

no. marsupials... i wrote a thread on them a while back, let me dig it up. i own two =)
they're cute but they areeeee yeah, let me find that thread. here's a pic to tide you over =)

see, isn't that cute? they found a way to keep me from putting them back in their cage! maggie is 8, eli is 7 (it's hard to believe i'm that responsible:D)
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

taking on a used pair is tricky. read about the bonding characteristics of marsupials.
i bought them when i was in high school -- maggie first, as a BABY only a week out of the pouch. some guy walking down the drag in austin was trying to sell her. it was sad. no, they're really cute jeffrey!
but they really shouldn't be kept as pets in my opinion. very few vets know anything about them and they have a lot of health issues that don't settle with our environment.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1326149;search_string=sugar%20gliders%20pet;#1326149
^ there ya go. wee is my old name btw.. it got locked in my laptop and i just haaaaaddddddd to make a new one
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

Sugar gliderz are so cute... I've always wanted one, but I always have cats and I don't think the two would mix very well. (The sugar glider might make a tasty cat treat.) I think they probably require a bit more care than a cat, but since I've never had one I can't really say... They are so cute though! ;)

they are!! and smart. plus it is kind of cool when they fly, the catching part is rough. they get into the smallest placest, which is funny... like the time she got stuck in between the lining/exterior of my rain coat. i still have no idea how she got in. there's a small hole somewhere i'm sureeeee, but i just ripped a few threads to get her out... weird stuff:P
in short, they are high maintenance... and i'm not. i'm a neat freak.... and they're not. other than that they're fun =)

ETA: here's a few links from my favs. goodluck katee =)
http://www.skinhorse.net/gliders/
http://www.sugargliders.org/

okay - those who know me - know I'm not a pet-person (don't get me started on why everyone in Florida has to have three fucking dogs and chain them in the yard all the time....so that their barking pollutes the whole atmosphere.... sorry) :S so, when I said they were rodents, you have to know that I also think cats are one letter away from rats and that if it looks like a rodent, then it is to me :P (I was just trying to put a little levity out there-don't anyone take me seriously or get bent out of shape over my ignorace) B|
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I'm with you on that! I would take Missy, Amy or Kate, all three, or any combination of such!;)

Sugar Glider(z) would be the freefly team. Sugar Glider(s) would be the pet. But I have a feeling this was a trick just to get us to open the thread! :P Unless of course one of the girls wants to be adopted!:)