aprilcat

A Funny Skydiving Dream

I had a weird dream that I was on my first solo. I don't remember getting out of an aircraft, but I was following my instructor. We landed at link fence, the type you'd see at a city park.

I couldn't find my toggles so I grabbed the front of the canopy like a sheet and just sailed it in. Yes, I got hurt...banged my leg. I stood up and checked out what I thought was a new flight suit. It was a big BROWN/RED/BEIGE Ski suit (think of the kid in A Christmas Story), and someone loosely sewed RW grips onto the legs and arms. The sticthing was very loose and obviously bad work.

I took my chute into a packer who charged me $50 (probably cause I'm a goon who doesn't care she doesn't have toggles, so everyone gets to rip me off). While I'm waiting for the packjob...someone comes up and tells me I can't be 'cool' unless I have my own 'dropzone doggie'...so sells me a little black doggie that looks like a Scottish Terrier with ears more like a bunny. I name him 'Wabbit'.

I go stand with the other jumpers and their dogs and someone taps me. 'Um...your 'dog' just hopped away!' What do you think?~~April

At this point of the dream I just wake up laughing.

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

In a dream once I did a hop-n-pop... As the plane was taking off, I jumped out and landed on my feet on the runway. I then said to the person who jumped out with me, "This is not fun, I don't understand why people do it."

I've had the standard landing without a chute dream, but a couple weeks ago I dreamed that I had a malfuction and when I cut away my arms and legs fell off....Good cutaway I guess but I spent the rest of the dive right up till I woke up saying Oh Shit trying to pull my reserve handle with my teeth....Funny part was I was real stable for just being a head and torso:D

--------------------------------------------------

a few weeks ago I dreamt I had no legstraps, and was clinging onto the risers so hard. Then realised that one of the DZ regulars (not the smallest guy ever) was hanging onto my legs without a rig on. Oh, and I had a nice lineover and spinning canopy

woke up at about 500 ft I think, sat bolt upright and took ten seconds to calm down and laugh...

ahhhhh!!!

I think I need some of what you were eating/drinking before you went to sleep!! ;)

Its funny that more people responded to 'prescribed or street?'...I think its the nicotine patches doing it. Every night is a different dream. I'll let you know if 'Wabbit' comes back tonight'.

To the others: Whats with the missing limbs and guys hanging off your legs!!!:o~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!