goose491

Calling New Zealand Jumpers!

Hello New Zealand :)
I was hoping I could ask the assistance of a stranger on the other side of the rock. I have lost my Pendant from your beautiful country. Bought for me by my mother when she last visited, it was a green-stone (Jade) toki carving. That's the blade one signifying strength, authority and determination. I wore it proudly, I enjoyed it's energy tremendously and now I miss it so. :(

I would like it replaced.

Now it must come from NZ and I know they are supposed to be purchased for someone else rather than ones self. I got the notion to ask a NZ skydiver to buy me one. lol. I am particular about having it resemble mine as closely as possible. It may be a bit of a mission to find the perfect one. I have found some pictures on the net to show off. I could PM my address to anyone who is up to the task of hunting down the perfect one and shipping it to me. I have no idea of the cost of such an item but let me know and it would be worth a few jumps on your account or something like that in return. Who knows, maybe there is something in Ontario, Canada that I could return to you? To me that sorta means I didn't buy it ;)

I would be charmed to think about what a small world this is. So what say you? Any takers?

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Must it be "pounamu"?? (green stone)

I believe you'll find those mostly in the touristy shops and jewellry stores...ranging from $70NZD on up!

If you're just looking for a "bone carving" - you can find them in plain (white) or dyed (in tea leaves) at most of the "art fairs" in any of the towns.

I have family in NZ and could get you one in a matter of a month or so....if you're interested.

If you have no luck with your shout out - PM me...I can arrange through the fam-damily. We have enough packages going back n' forth all the time - it wouldn't be a problem!

let me know...otherwise, good luck!
and i'm more partial to the "koru" design or the "hei matau"...my sister has a beautiful "tanewha" - I'm always threatening to steal it!:D

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

Hey thanks for the offer and I'll most definitely take you up on it depending on how this thread goes.

It definitely has to be jade. It was definitely bought in a tourist shop. Though I'm not positive that it would have cost that much. It could not have been much more that 5cm long and 5-7mm thick.

To all:

Here are a few pictures I've pulled off the net. The first shot (toki) is the closest I've found to the actual shape and proportion of my lost pendant. The color of the stone was something between the second and third images (toki2 and 3). I've included toki4 to show that it does come to a blade like point (adze-like)... I think the one in the first shot does but it is not obvious in the picture. Mine was like that... not like toki4.

(see, told you I was particular ;))

Here's to hoping!... hope hope.

Hi Im an expat Canadian originaly from Toronto, living here in NZ, Jumped a few times at your DZ back in the seventies.
Which one of those pictures is the closest to what your missing, I'll check the shops in town and see what I can find.

Steve McCurley
CSPA A#693
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

Hi Steve, it's nice to make your aquaintance, if only you could see Burnaby now! Mike and Tara have really brought it a long way. :)
Yeah, read my post with the pictures attached. The first picture matches the shape and proportion of my missing pendant near-perfectly. The stone was jade though and it's colour was just like the ones in the second and third images. It couldn't have been more that 5cm long and about 6mm thick.

See what you can find, I certainly appreciate it B|

Saw almost exactly that size shap and colour yesterday at Bayfair Mall Less then $50.ooNZ I think

i'll have another closer look today or tomorrow and we'll sort something out.
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

Saw almost exactly that size shap and colour yesterday at Bayfair Mall Less then $50.ooNZ I think

That's what I'm talking about! B|

i'll have another closer look today or tomorrow and we'll sort something out.

That's awesome Steve. I truly appreciate it. Listen, depending on when you post, I may not be around as the weekend is here and I will be jumping. :)
Nick