littledebbie000

Unemployment sucks

So I worked for AT&T Wireless for 6 years (being 28, this is a long time!) and once Cingular bought us they laid most of us off...

Now Unemployment wants me to come in on the 27th to verify that I've been producing 3 job activities a week. They know damn well I have since I talk to them every couple days, but now I have to bag out on leaving the 25th for camping like I do every year because they want to look at my paperwork...why can't I just fax it? Because they suck.....what a bunch of dicks. Don't they have anything to do Memorial day weekend? Other than fuck with people that have shit to do....apparantley not!

/rant

I hate being drunk and getting shitty letters in the mail!

Some states allow reporting via phone/email. Check to see if you can do it. I once filled an unemployment report from the WFFC.

Send me a PM about where you want to work, what indusitry and your specialty. Let me see what I can do for you. I'm already helping a few people on this board get a new job.

I actually do file online every week. They just want me to come in and bring my job search log so they can make sure I actually applied for all of the jobs. I just wish that I could email them a list so they can verify without me having to drive in rush hour traffic for two hours...

I worked in telecommunications last with a focus in Asset Management. Just put in an app at Amazon.com for my identical job....cross your fingers please!

Consider them crossed!!

Is there any way for you to go in the week before and take that stuff to them? Tell them you're going to be travelling to a trade show to hand out resumes that week... ;)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I was unemployed last year.
I filed almost all of my weekly claims on Sunday mornings online from the drop zone.
I filled out a "job search" log with my 3 or more contacts a week, they only asked to see one page of it once.
Now I have a job in Florida, and I'm bringing home less a month now working than I was on unemployment.
Paying for 2 years at a time sucks, so save what you can is my advice.
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

I actually do file online every week. They just want me to come in and bring my job search log so they can make sure I actually applied for all of the jobs. I just wish that I could email them a list so they can verify without me having to drive in rush hour traffic for two hours...

I worked in telecommunications last with a focus in Asset Management. Just put in an app at Amazon.com for my identical job....cross your fingers please!

Doh! You should have contacted me first! I have a contact at Amazon...but I can't do anything now that you already contacted them. FYI - someone on this board has an interview with Google next week because of my networking.....it won't help me out with my job, but I was able to use my network to help the guy out....take this to PMs if you have any questions.

I was unemployed last year.
I filed almost all of my weekly claims on Sunday mornings online from the drop zone.
I filled out a "job search" log with my 3 or more contacts a week, they only asked to see one page of it once.
Now I have a job in Florida, and I'm bringing home less a month now working than I was on unemployment.
Paying for 2 years at a time sucks, so save what you can is my advice.

Corey, you BUM, I think they are paying you for what you do and not by the hour. Get to work!!

Rod