pseudonym

ok so I am drunk ...

... and I met a person who shall remain nameless and he or she fliets planes for the USAF (US air force here in Korea) and they will let me jump out of one if they can ever be bothered doing the paperwork to take a cessna out for a 'familiarisation flight' (amazing what ranking officers can do).

Not that I'm licensed but the person assures me they all have access to parachutes of some kind ... thinking when I'm sober it won't seem like such a good idea but right now I wanna jump for free.

I wanna jump from something high ... I'd rather I had a parachute.

going climbing tomorrow .. YAY!!!

a very drunk colin.
P.S> they fly fighters but I will definately die if I jump out of a fighter yes ?? given it goes real fast and all
Because it's there - Mallory

oh and I am not a skydiver or anything sorry if I am intruding ... but I did my tandem and I am gonna do my AFF as soon as I get home and have enough money ... I am sure I will be hooked and I will post that on aan internet forum lots so then I will be a skydiver right ???

heh heh heh ok now I am drunk and feelign mean, for sure if you're sure you'll be hooked even before you've done it you're definately a skydiver.

But I am not a skydiver (yet ... 3,300 bucks, 2 weeks and 1000 odd jumps to go)

however cause i am want to rant, I did my tandem, was s**t scared and then exhilirated and then s**t scared again and then exhilirated etc... (this went on for 5-8 minutes) and now I wanna do my Aff cause it looks cool\ ... I wanna prove to myself I can do it, and I wanna feel that sensation of rushing air, flying and then floating under canopy (with me in control cause Iam a ocntrol freak)... lord there are so many reasons

I am still durnk sorry.

***I did my tandem, was s**t scared and then exhilirated and then s**t scared again and then exhilirated etc... (this went on for 5-8 minutes)

5-8 minutes? Did you jump off the moon or did you BASE a satellite?

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

heh heh heh sorry lads

spose drunken Australian sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet.

Skydiving is not cool at all :D

sorry to anyone who may have taken umbridge at a drunken outsider posting silly things.

psychobob: heh heh no, spose I should clarify I was including my canopy flight in my timings (dunno exactly how long it was to be honest :$).

edited to clarify that I was not in freefall for 8 minutes :P

Hi Pseudo,
Heheheheheheh,!!! Amazing at what we will do to get a lift in the "War Zone!!" Back a couple of skirmishes ago, "The IndoChinese War (Viet Nam to be exact) Iwas in Uncle Sugar's Canoe Club (Western Pacific Div.) and finding airsupport for Skydiving ops could be boom or bust. Fortunately in WESTPAC 70 I was on the USS Okinawa LPH-3 and we got to the Phillipines (Subic, Cubi Point) about the beginning ov June. So the first stop on my adgenda was the Parachute Loft at Cubi Point. "Hey guys, I just got in on the Oki Boat,, I'm the rigger and is there any Skydiving going on?? Well, some kid named Jim Rodriguez PRAN sporting a cast from the knee down, says, "yeah, we're doin' qual. hops for the SAR Team and we (Cubi Point Sport Parachute Club) are tagging the load, be here at 0630 tomorow. Man, was I stoked!!!!!......O.K. now you make me dig into my archives and find myold logs. It is my old PI Log #3 jump #401, 11Jun70, Castillejos, (down the road from Subic) RP. one of Maj. Massy's CH-46's, and we were having fun!! Just to fill you in, The USS America was in port too and this A-3 jock Lt. John Painter (who was also a skydiver and lurking the load was there too. John had about as many jumps as I had or here abouts and there was this First Class Cigar smokin Rigger from Cubi named McKinnes that was going to jump too. Last but not least, some cat named LT. Gregory USMC who had 15 jumps and had done a 15 sec delay was on the jump. 0600 we were at the loft and got it together to go jump. Hell, I was ready, I hadn't jumped in a month!!! I knew John Painter thru my navy rigger buddy Don Herbel so I knew he was "safe" as for the others, well, it's the luck of the draw. We go out to the CH-46 and the SAR crew gets in. We fly to Castillejos and land, Rodriguez gets out and sets up the L/Z we go up, drop WDI's and drop the SAR team. Painter is up at the front of the helo talkin to the pilots!! We cruise thru 3500' and we're still climbing. I nndge Mckinnis and ask him,"These helo pilots don't like to fly very high, what gives???" He just smiles. Well, I watch the clock and the numbers just keep gettin higher. I look at this cat Lt Gregory, USMC who has 15 jumps and the highest he has been out of an airplane is 4500' and nowwe're at 10000 and climbing!!! At 14,500' we're on jump run, Painter is spotting and starts yelling Go,Go,Go!! I'm by the ramp, Gregory is poised in a student exit stance and has no clue what's going on and we go!! I get stable and see Lt Gregory so I fly over and grab him for a 2 man hook up base and start looking for these other 2 geeks!!! McKinnis was in the "O" Zone and Painter wasn't far behind. As things would have it. Gregoryand I were the High Rolleers for the RW part of the dive!! This was probably the first 2 man hook up ever in the Phillipines!!! I claim that I was part of it unless someone else can come forth and show tha they were involved in at least a 2-way RW dive in the Phillipines prior to 11June1970!!!! Any takers??????
The above testament is true "So help me God" and Lt. Gregory who was in the 2-man with me!! Rodriguez and McKinnis I don't know where you are. Unfortunately, not long after we made that jump, John Painter and his crew got killed in their plane's crash somewhere in the Gulf of Tonkin. RIP John. I will never forget you and our last Skydive together.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Here kitty, kitty!!,
The reason why I did not start this story out with ,"No shit there I was," Because the story is completely TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have it loged in my old log book, and my memory. Like I said, unfortunately, John Painter is dead, Rodriguez may still be in the Dallas, FWth. area?? Don't knowabout McKinnis?? As for Lt Gregory, I'd love to meet him again!! But this really happened!! Yes Kitty, No shit there I was. The story is really true!!!!!
You have to take into consideration that some of us were doing this before you were even a twinkle in your grand dad's eye!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out