GratefulDreamer

Dreadlocks

I am thinking about getting them,

Wow, I didn't know you could "get them". Thought you had to grow them or something...

Alright...I am thinking about getting them professionally done or getting a friend to dread them for me...
-Tammy, Pink Mafia Sister #190
Pink Mafia Tunnel Sister #20

I am thinking about getting them, and I am wondering if they are a pain with helmets and such...

Also if you have them where did you go or was it an at home project?
Any tips would be great
Thanks everyone!

Piisfish showed me a video of a (I think) Swiss skydiver with wicked dreadlocks.
I think he either jumps without a helmet, or wears a pro-tac, and threads the dreadlocks through the vents.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I used to use a special product to weave and wind one of my ex's long hair into dreadlocks and it looked okay. However, it took several hours each time as I would die sections and weave hemp into it as well. I would recommend doing it professionally. He rode motorcycles and never had a problem with his helmet.

I've known a few skydivers who have had them.

Gabor Nagy from the Ranch who is now at Eloy had them but has since cut his hair cause of the heat. He is pictured here in the red...
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Featured_Photographers/Michael_McGowan/Up_Close_and_Personal&image=s-keebee.jpg&img=&tt=

Arianna de Benedetti from the Italian 4 Way team had braids for awhile. She is hot, hot hot! She is here...://www.skyleague.com/pages/profiles/profile.php?which=Ariannade%20Benedetti

B|

I have wanted them for a long time now, but still thinking about if I want the hassle of keeping up with and all that good stuff...thank you all for the input it has really helped...
I am going to try and find a stylist around the little town of knoxville that knows what the hell they are doing in order to talk to them about the upkeep, pros, cons...
-Tammy, Pink Mafia Sister #190
Pink Mafia Tunnel Sister #20