Chris-Ottawa

USPA Repack cycle - Still 120 days in 2008?

Hey,

I've done a bunch of searching on DZ.com, UPSA.org and the FAA site. I can't find anything recent regarding the proposed 180 day repack cycle.

As far as I can tell, it hasn't changed, but some of these articles date back to 2005.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm going to Florida over Christmas and have to make sure that I'll be in date for my entire trip. I think my rig is expiring during the holidays, so it really sucks...

Thanks!
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Just to clarify: the Federal Aviation Administration sets all maintenance standards for parachutes in the United States.
The United States Parachute Association can only petition the FAA for changes to Federal Air Regulations.

The simple answer is: get your reserve repacked a few days before you leave for your vacation in the USA.

May I quote the Bible?
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

If your gear is TSO'd then you have to be in the 120 days... if it's not TSO'd but is approved for use in your country then you go on your countries repack cycle...

http://www.uspa.org/USPAMembers/Membership/Travel/TotheUS/tabid/312/Default.aspx

# Make sure your rig is in date!
In the U.S., all reserves must be repacked every 120 days by an FAA rigger. Your gear, if not FAA-approved (TSO’d), may be packed based on your country’s repack interval. (See TSO Memo for more details.)

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

Contact the Dropzone(s) you are planning to go to and see what their policy is concerning Canadians.

The six US DZ's I have gone to over the years have all honored the 180 day cycle for Canadians, even though the gear I use is US.

Blue ones,

Major Dad
CSPA D-579