ham

Anyone know anything about living in Aspen?

Hello Ham,
I did'nt live in Aspen but as a charter pilot. I stayed there often. It will be an expensive place to live. Wonderful restraunts & shopping. Locals are really friendly and it is a beautiful place both in the winter and summer. As you know it is a big skiing resort. In the summer lots of hiking, golfing and paragliding. No drop zones within a few hours drive though !

Blue Skies, Timber

Apparently the beer flows like wine and beautiful women flock there like the salmon of Capistrano. I hear the french are assholes though. :D:D:D

For some obscure reason, you've just been removed from being in charge of the "content" department on DZ.com. Nice job.:|

Wonder why. I really do.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
1 bedroon closet 1200.00 with 6 folks shareing rent

food$$$$$$$$$$
rent$$$$$$$$$$$
fuel$$$$$$$$$$$

We heard that some of the employers had to fly in the worker bee's daily due to the high cost of living:S

R.I.P.

I'm in Summit county which is down the road a bit, but still a mountain town. Expect to pay a bunch for a shoebox if you're renting. Best option would to be outside of Aspen (smaller town - Basalt, Wingo, Snomass) somewhere and commute. The nearest big box shopping will most likely be in Avon but that's a super wally world and home depot right now. If you like sushi, take your current bill and double it, but trust me, it's amazingly good for a landlocked state's mountain town.
If you're up for the adventure, I'd say take it. We're supposed to have a heat wave here the next couple days and it's supposed to be in the 80's. Right now (as I run outside to look at the temp), it's 48. The temps can fluctuate from to the extreme even in the summer, but this is an amazing place to live. If you want more, drop me a PM.
------
Michael

We heard that some of the employers had to fly in the worker bee's daily due to the high cost of living:S

R.I.P.

Nah, I was amazed at the amount of people up here that are working in the lower payscale jobs. One of the mgrs at Home Depot told me that they were one of the highest paying retail employers around and they had issues keeping employees though.
Carbondale, Basalt and other smaller towns around there are cheaper to live (for a mountain town). Definitely check out the cost of living and what 'services' are around that will make your life easier - grocery stores, etc.
------
Michael

It ultimately took me 14 years to attain the goal of living up here. Definitely worth the effort. The weather is great, the views are amazing and the critters the come up the back door are kinda cool too. I'm up tucked in the trees and there isn't much traffic and cannot hear any highway noise even on a calm night.
------
Michael