GARYC24

Health related internet vow.

I quit smoking.(been 1 day)
No consuming alcohol (at least 6 months, maybe for life)

Been smoking and drinking whiskey too much too long!
And it shows in blood liver enzymes!
Also, liver slightly enlarged!
Yep, at 45 I think I have decided that smoking and drinking has got to cease!

Congratulations! Treat your body right, and it'll probably give you a whole lot more flexibility for a whole lot longer.

Keep it up! That's hard stuff.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I did the same thing 6 months ago. I quite smoking and drinking and thats not all. As a result, I packed on an additional 40 lbs. I have just now lost the weight but it took a shit load of hard work and dedication. I recommend that you get into some kind of exercise schedule quick before the oral fixations take the form of stuffing food in your mouth lest you end up a big fat whale.
You have made some excellent decisions by quitting those fucked up habits and in doing so, you have decided to be healthier. Why not use that same motivation to get into the best shape of your life? I remember reading something somewhere that said that those who enter an exercise program when they quite smoking are 10 times more likely to remain smoke free. Good luck and good on you.
Kevin

I quit smoking.(been 1 day)
No consuming alcohol (at least 6 months, maybe for life)

I tried that, too. But it seems that the less I drink, the more I smoke - and vice versa. I'm still trying to decide which is worse for my body... :S

Chronistin
(Home @ http://www.fallschirmspringer.net/)

Keep it up! I just recently hit the 2 year mark smoke free. In that time I gained 2 inches and about 20 pounds, without really changing my eating habits. I'm not a big drinker anyway (not counting boogies....) so that's not gonna change.

You can do it!!!!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1